Ck weird electrical.

/ Ck weird electrical.
Just an update. My contact at the dealer is on holidays for a week and since I'm in no hurry I'm just gonna wait for him to get back.
In the mean time the light issue has fixed itself. (Something dried out maybe?)
The glow plugs still don't turn off.

I do appreciate all the help you guys have been so far.

Chris

/ Ck weird electrical. #22  
Just an update. My contact at the dealer is on holidays for a week and since I'm in no hurry I'm just gonna wait for him to get back.
In the mean time the light issue has fixed itself. (Something dried out maybe?)
The glow plugs still don't turn off.

I do appreciate all the help you guys have been so far.

Chris

Chris one thing I would want to know before operating the tractor is: are the glow plugs staying energized or is it just the glow plug lamp staying on.? I would take my voltmeter and measure on the glow Plug rail to see what its going on.. Because if the glow plugs themselves are truly being energized all the time then that is a major problem.. The glow plugs will burn out if you operate with them "lit up" for a long period. Not to mention the drain on the battery/alternator. The glow plugs are fed thru a glow plug relay,( usually on the firewall) and there is usually a timer relay as well that controls that.

/ Ck weird electrical.
Thanks James. I will try to locate those relays and test them. Haven't used the tractor other than to pull it out of the shop and put back in.

Cheers.

/ Ck weird electrical. #24  
If it were my tractor I'd pull the connectors from all the firewall relays until you have your dealer check it out, just to be safe.
As James said you do not want a live circuit to your g plugs when the tractor is sitting by itself.
Did you wash it under the hood too?

/ Ck weird electrical.
FYI, the glow plugs only go on when the key is turned. But I do have the battery unhooked.

/ Ck weird electrical.
I didn't wash under the hood but I gave the grills a good spray.

/ Ck weird electrical. #27  
Chris, any chance these issues could be related to your LED light install "experience"? I don't have any suggestions for you, but it strikes me as a little suspicious you're having strange electrical problems after what happened.

/ Ck weird electrical.
UPDATE!!!!!

Still going crazy I turned to google..... Found this thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/243891-glow-plug-light.html

Specifically this post "Update:

I disconencted and cleaned the three connectors under throttle pedal. Everything work great and is "back to normal"."

Sure enough these 3 connectors that are just under the right side floor were full with water. I cleaned them out and glow plug light is back to normal. Dumb ***** place to put non weather proof connectors if you ask me.

Lastly, now my head lights don't work at all... Fuses are fine. Bulbs are fine. Something got burned out during this process. All other lights work.

/ Ck weird electrical. #29  
Good for you! :~}
If you like cutting/ splicing/ soldering you can buy weatherproof connectors with various numbers of cavities...

/ Ck weird electrical. #30  
Chris I wonder if some of this filling up the female portion of the connectors would waterproof them and prevent this from happening. This is some kind of anti-corrosion gel, if it is what I think it is, it would be the gel goop they put in the wirenuts that are intended to be used for underground splices. I have never used any, but I would check it out.. Now on to the headlamps not working. Either we have a problem with the combination switch or the relays (or connections :)) to some of these parts. Check to see if both settings (hi and low) beam do not work. It is possible the relays were damaged (or full of water). Perhaps if you could post up another picture of the section of the electrical schematic dealing with the lights, we might be able to help.. Stay with it, you will prevail.

James K0UA