CK20 HST tranny issues

/ CK20 HST tranny issues #121  
I understand the Honda Dealer comparison, but I have been to a few car dealers, and when you are standing at the service counter, some have an entire wall covered with the names of their technicians, and the factory school courses that the technicians have completed. Gives you a sense of at least the people who are working on your car are competent, and when a task calls for 8 hours, 25 hours, or even 80 hours, the person working on your car can at least complete that task in about the time, the factory flat rate manual states. Putting myself through college as a german car technician, I know that some jobs go smooth, and some jobs are a bear, where nothing goes according to the book. For the most part, the newer the car, the better the job, as in being able to "flat rate" it. It's when you got into old, rusted, been worked on before cars that things got iffy. I was just wondering if Kioti had any technical school that the dealer has sent his "technicians" to, or if it was all learn on the job? or in this case, on Mathey's CK20. I guess if it was their first CK20 split, it might have taken all of the 30 hours Wertz is saying. That's the problem with a Kioti tractor, it's like the Maytag repair man commercials, they hardly ever break, and so fixing one is a bit of unexplored territory....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ CK20 HST tranny issues #122  
Yes, Kioti does have a school, our guy was just there a couple weeks ago.

He said it was informative.

He's been tearing tractors apart and rebuilding them since he was 14.

/ CK20 HST tranny issues #123  
<font color="blue"> I was just wondering if Kioti had any technical school that the dealer has sent his "technicians" to, or if it was all learn on the job? </font>

Mathey wrote:

They finally ended up getting the whole hydro when 2 of their guys were in NC for training and they brought it home with them.

Don

/ CK20 HST tranny issues #124  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wertz is saying. That's the problem with a Kioti tractor, it's like the Maytag repair man commercials, they hardly ever break, and so fixing one is a bit of unexplored territory....... )</font>

True........

BUT being in the farm equipment business since 1910, they must have split 1 or 2 tractors before.

I can't imagine that one brand of tractor is that different from another, that they wouldn't have some kind of an idea of how it would go.