eBay/Craigslist CK20's on EBay...

/ CK20's on EBay... #1  

mathey

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
CK20\'s on EBay...

FYI, there are currently 2 CK's on Ebay...if you are near Scranton, PA, it may be worth checking out...

CK20 TLB

CK20 with MMM

/ CK20's on EBay... #3  
Re: CK20\'s on EBay...

I see they are a Branson Dealer too. ?????????? I wonder what is going on there.

/ CK20's on EBay... #4  

CCI,

There are many dealers out there that carry more than one product line. No different than an implement dealer carrying three different brands of box blades. It sounds to me like your just trying to cause a stir.

Don

/ CK20's on EBay... #5  

<font color="blue"> It sounds to me like your just trying to cause a stir. </font>

Don, You dont really think Mark would do something like that, Do you? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif---I bet those tractors wont run the full auction--I see the first 2 have already been killed--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co. *2003 Chamber Commerce Business of the Year*

/ CK20's on EBay... #6  

Ken,
The true question is does Daedong USA want NEW Kioti tractors sold on EBAY. I don't see JD, Kubota, & NH tractors being sold new on EBAY. There is a big difference in selling NEW and USED Tractors on EBAY. Why would a dealer need to use EBAY to sell one of the hottest tractors? The area of the dealership is not a depressed area. Getting back to Daedong USA and selling new tractors on a auction. There are assembly and predelivery issues with tractors, not to speak of warranty issues. Realize the tractor industry does not pay warranty labor in the amounts similar to the auto industry. Most every farm equipment dealer's shop loses money or is very close to break even. If warranty work comes in from other dealers sales how will the Kioti dealer network accept that? I don't think there will be a problem getting something fixed but when that unit purchased at another dealer comes in to be serviced will it stay stagnant in the repair line while the dealer works on his customers first. Many good dealers treat all the tractors the some but some do not. There is a difference in selling a boxblade and a tractor? There are repair parts, normal wear items that a dealer should stock to support their customers for a tractor. A dealer that does not stock those items does not intend on servicing the product and will usual sell at any price to get the sale. The servicing dealers realize they need to have a fair profit when they sell the tractor because many things a dealer does are not reimbursed back by the MFG. It's like this with most tractor MFGs. These are just some things to think about. Even at the volume of Sweetractors, Ken you should know this.

/ CK20's on EBay... #7  

Didn't Steve Carver do pretty well selling "on-line". No real difference between that and an Ebay sale, cept with Ebay you can get some buyer security ( and seller ).

Your friends at Corriher also sell new units on Ebay.

Ebay is just another outlet source.

Just my opinion.

/ CK20's on EBay... #8  

While on line tractor sales have some of the same questions to answer, auction sales and online sale have a very different connotation and legal position. Traditionally auction sales have an "as is" sales terms and products are sold without service and service facilities available. This dealer does not even have an EBAY store front so it appears as if you are purchasing from the auction and not the dealer.

/ CK20's on EBay... #9  

I agree with you on this Ken and Don, sounds like he is trying to cause a stir. Just thought I would chime in though and share a few facts with him though.

1. Ebay is just another outlet for getting your product out there and also good advertising for your product. Kioti does not allow posting of products. I would bet these auctions will be taken down by the end of today as Kioti has been closed for the holidays and is open today.

2. I don't know about other dealers or Mfgs but Kiotis warranty is really good and it doesn't matter where you buy it. As stated on there website home page "Nationwide, Full-Service Dealerships" and it also says in the warranty "In order to obtain warranty repairs, the purchaser must deliver the product at the purchasers expense along with proof of purchase to any authorized Kioti Tractor Dealer." I don't lose money or break even on warranty work, I’m glad to do warranty work. My dealership stand to profit on warranty work, and that speaks real good of the company. I don't know quite what you mean by "many things a dealer does are not reimbursed back by the MFG" as I so far have been. You just gotta ask them and they will reimburse you /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

3. You don't see Kubota, or New Holland’s selling NEW tractors on eBay?? Have you looked? Well to save you some time here are some links for your viewing pleasure.

Kubota on Ebay

New Holland on Ebay.

These were just a couple on ebay. There are more if you look.

Now im not saying that everyone should sell tractors on ebay or anything like that. Or that Kioti is wrong for not allowing dealers to do this. And im not saying that dealers need don't need to make a fair profit, as i do agree with you they do. All im saying is that you need to get your facts straight before you make a post. Ebay is a great way to get your product out no matter how great it is. Really it was just a form of advertising when I used it. I never even sold a tractor on ebay because I kept my prices the same as I do on my lot. I didn't cut them way down to where I wouldn't make anything; I just used Ebay as a good way to get my name and business out. And guess what? It worked!! Sigh..... Anyways just thought i'd share.

/ CK20's on EBay... #10  

Selling new in an EBAY open auction is much different than selling new out of an EBAY Storefront. DePratt Equipment, you must realize I am on the stocking dealer's side. I can see the lesser quality MFGs selling on an EBAY open auction but Kioti is a major MFG, putting up numbers that consistently place them in the top 4 in AEM industry sales figures.