CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #31  
Has your float ever worked? Perhaps they were missing from the beginning? If you hold the joystick all the way forward does it float?

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #32  
Has your float ever worked? Perhaps they were missing from the beginning? If you hold the joystick all the way forward does it float?

No it does not do anything . If you hold the lever forward all it does is move the bucket down until it raises the tractor.
I don't know if it ever worked or not as I bought the tractor second hand.(in June ) But I can call the guy that owned it, and ask him if it ever worked for him.
I took that cover off again this morning just to make sure I new what I was talking about and Yes there is NO balls in there. I will call the Kioti Dealer here tomorrow and ask them if they have any information on this.
Thanks.
Dave

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #33  
Called the Kioti Dealer here today and he tells me the price for just that spool postioner cap is $250.00 plus tax. Ouch ! I said I'll try and find a used one at that price. Does any one know where I can get one of these Caps? Reasonable that is ? Other wise it will stay as is...
Any suggestions would be great.
The Fox 1940

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #34  
I finally removed my spool positioner cap on my CK30hst. It was the outer one for the up/down and float fuction. The controls had been getting a little stiff and hard to get into and out of float. Just as suspected, moisture was there and luckily only a little brown color from rust corrosion. Cleaned everything up and used plenty of grease in the cap end, end of spool shaft, and the spring. I used a tiny amount of silicone sealer around the sealing edge of the cap where it mates with the block and remounted. It now works and feels like it did when I first bought the tractor. Works smoothly and the float fuction is easy but firm and locks in.

Seeing moisture in that cap made me take the inner cap off that controls the curl. Again moisture and a little corrosion was found. Cleaned and greased and what a difference. The curl is smooth and I can now again feel when the second stage of the dump hits.

If anyones controls are getting stiff, take it apart now for a good cleaning before the rust and corrosion gets to far. About a 45 minute job for both and it's like a brand new machine. I have the cinematic kit coming from Wallace to take care of nylon balls.

For Fox 1940; from what you mentioned and how I see the up/down float cap working, it doesn't seem like the spool is going far enough into the cap to give you the float function. You mentioned you didn't see the balls in the cap. Maybe they are all corroded up and not letting the spool shaft go far enough in. There are only three balls and a little smaller than a BB. Take a small screwdriver and dig around. Soak it with penetrating oil, WD40, or whatever you use. Then blow it out with air and see what you have. It may all be there but just all corroded up Also, there is a spring at the very bottom that is hard to see because it's almost concealed by the smaller diameter area where the balls are. I only say dig around because you have nothing to lose and maybe $250 to gain.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #35  
I finally removed my spool positioner cap on my CK30hst. It was the outer one for the up/down and float fuction. The controls had been getting a little stiff and hard to get into and out of float. Just as suspected, moisture was there and luckily only a little brown color from rust corrosion. Cleaned everything up and used plenty of grease in the cap end, end of spool shaft, and the spring. I used a tiny amount of silicone sealer around the sealing edge of the cap where it mates with the block and remounted. It now works and feels like it did when I first bought the tractor. Works smoothly and the float fuction is easy but firm and locks in.

Seeing moisture in that cap made me take the inner cap off that controls the curl. Again moisture and a little corrosion was found. Cleaned and greased and what a difference. The curl is smooth and I can now again feel when the second stage of the dump hits.

If anyones controls are getting stiff, take it apart now for a good cleaning before the rust and corrosion gets to far. About a 45 minute job for both and it's like a brand new machine. I have the cinematic kit coming from Wallace to take care of nylon balls.

For Fox 1940; from what you mentioned and how I see the up/down float cap working, it doesn't seem like the spool is going far enough into the cap to give you the float function. You mentioned you didn't see the balls in the cap. Maybe they are all corroded up and not letting the spool shaft go far enough in. There are only three balls and a little smaller than a BB. Take a small screwdriver and dig around. Soak it with penetrating oil, WD40, or whatever you use. Then blow it out with air and see what you have. It may all be there but just all corroded up Also, there is a spring at the very bottom that is hard to see because it's almost concealed by the smaller diameter area where the balls are. I only say dig around because you have nothing to lose and maybe $250 to gain.

Yes Victor I pulled the cap off and washed it out with gas and blew it out with air and there is nothing in there, I was very careful when I pulled it apart so I would not lose anything that might be in there. No spring in the bottom of the cap or no balls, I have some Dentist Picks and I dug around in there just like a Dentist would do too your teeth. Nothing. If I hold the FEL lever in it will put the bucket in the float postion now. But that does not solve my problem. My question has been this : What holds those balls in postion so they don't fall out of the holes there sittin in ??? I have some small balls ( not mine- lol ) here that might work, but what holds them in place ? Yes I am still looking for a used one as I know out there, some where there is one for a lot less then $ 250.00. I pulled the inside cap off and greased it up while I was at it, and it was in pretty good shape.
Glad to hear you were lucky in fixing yours. I liked the suggestion that someone made a while back about drilling 3 SMALL holes in the top of the cap where the 3 balls go for the lever handle, and using a grease gun that you use for greasing the end of your chain saw bar to grease them.
It is getting cold here in Nova Scotia -5c over night and I hear SNOW is on the way. I really do have to move South of the Border for the winter..
The Fox 1940

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #36  
Not that I was doubting your work but just hoping for you. $250 is hard to swallow when you see what the part actually is. I guess that cap never had any attention or it didn't seal good and everything just rusted into pieces. Wish you luck on finding a used one but maybe none in a tractor junkyard yet.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #37  
Not that I was doubting your work but just hoping for you. $250 is hard to swallow when you see what the part actually is. I guess that cap never had any attention or it didn't seal good and everything just rusted into pieces. Wish you luck on finding a used one but maybe none in a tractor junkyard yet.

A freind of mine is going to take a look when he goes back out west at the end of the month as he has just about everything in his yard as he is a Heavy Duty Mechanic...
Yeah that part looks like about $25.00 worth .Oh well.... I still say SOMEBODY has had that off in the last 4 years.. Where would the balls go ? Or the little spring ? They would be in the end of that cap for sure..
The Fox 1940

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #38  
My float got so bad to get the joystick in and out I finally took it all apart.

For me, part 31 in Rick's diagram had moisture and corrosion in it. I took the joystick off the tractor and took the whole thing apart. The boot at the bottom of the joystick was rotten and had holes in it. I figure, because there was corrosion on both ends of the cable that runs from the joystick to part 31, water entered through the boot and ran down into the cable. The other cable was "mint" so I greased the dickens out of the corroded one and put it all back together. The loader joystick works just like new but I think I'm going to get the dealer to get me a new cable under warranty as he said the boot failure should be enough to justify it.

It was a bit of a pain but I learned a lot and thanks everybody including Rick for the help.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #39  
Installed the new upgrade kit for the KL 130 loader control. The job isn't bad, but be kind to yourself and take the seat and panel next to joy stick off, as it will make life so much easier. This way I could slide the block out to take apart and not fight the shift boot. I included a couple pictures, these parts have over 160 hours on them and look to be in good shape, just a few digs in the plastic. When ever I used float position, the thought of wearing the control played on my mind...not anymore. Even if the part wears out the fix isn't that bad.
I wish there was an easy way to soften, whatever mechanism that is used to hold control in float position. Still, happy with what I have and the job isn't difficult or expensive if you take your time. If I have to take apart again, I am going to drill a small hole over each Slide & ball and grease with a chain saw sprocket grease gun.

I had a guy come to the house to pick up something and he seen the tractor in the barn. He looked it over and come to find out he has a Kabota about the same size. He was surprised at the quality of the tractor and it was a good feeling to just shoot the breeze about what we do with them, instead of what we own.

I am up here in Quebec Canada and my tractor has a Allied loader control, I am having trouble finding parts. The nylon balls on the posts fall apart. I would like to know if the posts with the metal balls would fit as they look exactly like the ones in your photos. Any info. on
where to buy etc would be a big help. Thanks!!

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #40  
I am up here in Quebec Canada and my tractor has a Allied loader control, I am having trouble finding parts. The nylon balls on the posts fall apart. I would like to know if the posts with the metal balls would fit as they look exactly like the ones in your photos. Any info. on
where to buy etc would be a big help. Thanks!!

This is a 6 year old thread, any info is likely out of date. Start a new thread for better info.