CK2510 vs B2650

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #1  

southernAL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510hst
Hello all, I'm trying to decide between these two tractors. I've searched for quite a while on this site and have finally decided that one of these two tractors will fit my needs the best.
I have 5 acres and also do some sideline yard work, so I want a tractor that can get around easy. I will be mostly using the tractor for boxblade, post hole auger, front loader work and would like to have a grapple setup.
They are both great tractors from what I have read, but I'm trying to get some opinions to sway my decision :)
My local Kubota dealer quoted me $17,200 for the B2650H with SSQA bucket and I got a quote from a Kioti dealer which is about 1.5hrs from me for $14,800 on the CK2510H. I know the Kioti doesn't have SSQA but I've seen on Everything Attachments where you can convert it. And like I said I would like either setup to have 3rd function for a grapple.
I know they both have pros and cons(2range vs 3 range hst, weight, dealer location). This will be my first tractor so I'd like to make a wise decision.

Also has anyone on here dealt with Hurst Equipment in Norman Park GA? There are two Kioti dealers about 1.5 hrs from me, but Hurst Equipment is open on Saturdays where the other dealer is not. Would like to be able to take the tractor in on my day off should anything ever happen to it.

Thanks for any replies, Great Site and a lot of helpful information!

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #3  
Either would be a good tractor, these were the 2 I was down to before I picked the 2650. For me it came down to the dealer. Prices were pretty much the same after adding in attachments I was going to get. The owner of the kubota dealer came out and talked with me and answered questions until his sales guy was available, while at the kioti dealer I just waited. Kubota has a factory 3rd function while the kioti doesnt. Kioti was going to use wrlong grapple and diverter was going to be somewere in the 3300 range for it, pin on.

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #4  
I think between these two tractors I prefer the Kubota. But the Closer Kioti model would have been the ck27/30. It has been replaced by the ck3510. If you were comparing the b2650 to the ck 30 or the new ck3510 then I would opt for the kioti.

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #5  
I'd be desperate before I'd by a tractor for digging and grading without three range! With the Quick attach and front remotes it makes it easy to see when operating a post hole auger off the loader!

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #6  
I'd be desperate before I'd by a tractor for digging and grading without three range! With the Quick attach and front remotes it makes it easy to see when operating a post hole auger off the loader!
The Kubota Grand series has a 6 speed HST. I would be hard pressed to go back to a 3 speed.

/ CK2510 vs B2650
From the data online I believe the kioti weighs somewhere around 600lbs more than the kubota, does that seem right? Around how much will the kubota weigh once rear tires filled? I was really hoping to get the kioti just because I like the size better, and I think my wife would like it as well, but these are some good points brought up. Should the b2601 even be a consideration? I guess my biggest fear is to wish I had bought a bigger tractor. I just want something very capable in this size and price range.

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #8  
Don't get me wrong the Kioti 2510 is a awesome tractor. It is just that you are not comparing apples to apples. The Kubota is a larger tractor with more lift capacity and I don't remember the weights off hand but I thought the Kubota was heaver in this comparison. In my mind between these 2 there isn't anything you can do with the 2510 that the 2650 can not do and have more capacity should the need arise. Deciding on size can be difficult, when I am faced with this I take price out of the equation at first. Then I list my predicted tasks. Generally it will fall in between 2 sizes of tractor. Then look at if in the near future (1-3 years)you will have less or smaller tasks or access limitations requiring smaller machine. If not then go to the larger size. As far as brand, as long as it is a repeatable one choose the one that you are the most comfortable on. So it's best to sit on them and take them for a test drive and operate the loader and hitch if poss. Price? Well it's Cheeper to get it right the first time but not the end of the world if you don't.

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #9  
Kubota list a range of weights for their tractor. If you go by the heaviest the two tractors weigh almost the same. The Kubota loader lifts more. image-2645602348.jpg image-506198699.jpg image-1313022993.jpg image-353053078.jpg

/ CK2510 vs B2650 #10  
I Was looking at that to after further research I think that is the difference from a cab model to no cab so I guess the Kioti is around 500 or so pounds heaver. I do like a heavier tractor and the ck 2510 is a nice combo of weight and power. But if the slightly larger frame and lift of the Kubota are beneficial then adding enough weight ballast shouldn't be a problem. They are both nice size tractors.