CK2610 fuel filter

/ CK2610 fuel filter #1  

tiogajoe

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610hst
Changed my fuel filer on my 2610 today. I removed the plastic part on the bottom of the fuel filter and cleaned it. I installed the new filter and put everything back together. I had a had time priming the new filter with the plunger? The o ring on the bleed screw looks to be in bad shape. I now have fuel leaking out of the small port on the plastic fitting on the bottom of the new filter and the tractor runs like it's starving for fuel? I've done this once before with no problems? Is there an o ring between the plastic drain and the filter?

/ CK2610 fuel filter #2  
The best way to prime your fuel filter is prior to install, just fill the new filter with diesel so it's 95% full and then tighten. By pre-filling, the amount of air in the fuel system becomes insignificant and helps prevent the fuel starved problem that your now experiencing.

Consider using thread sealant tape on the white plastic cap at the base of the fuel filter. That should prevent fuel dripping from the threads. Buy a couple of those as backups, in case you accidently cross thread during future fuel filter changes.

The white plastic cap on Tier4 CK/DK model tractors, is where the fuel water sensor is located.

Last edited:
   / CK2610 fuel filter
I just realized I am missing the o ring between the filter and the white plastic housing. Too late as I threw it away. Anyone know the size of the o ring to maybe save me a 100 round trip to the dealer? Love my dealer but maybe I can find it at the Napa dealer in town?

/ CK2610 fuel filter #4  
Just take the housing with you.....

/ CK2610 fuel filter #7  
Pinch the line easy with vise grips or a clamp..

/ CK2610 fuel filter #9  
Done. Thanks! That will give me time in the am. to remove the white plastic part to look for an o ring!

Get 2.....:laughing: