CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE #11  
I checked the 3510/4010 and they actually list the same ECU part number which I find a little bit odd.
Makes sense to me, actually. It's the exact same ECU module, why wouldn't it be. Presumably you have to buy one through a dealer; then they will flash the corresponding 35 or 40 HP tune onto it.

We just need someone to uh, borrow a dealer flash-programming tool (probably just plugs into the OBD port under the dash) with a 40 HP tune ready to go, then we could do a mail-it-to-the-next-person for a low fee type thing. Like a chain letter, haha.

I know a lot of us here wouldn't mind the extra 5 HP.

All that said, my 35 HP basically never feels insufficient. It's certainly enough HP for the frame and weight. I doubt the 2610/2620 could drive up my driveway hill in high range at full speed, but my 3510 can (just barely).

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE #12  
I debated this and went with the 4010. I didn't want to leave any hp on the table and I haven't regretted that decision. Runs everything including my MX8800 chipping a 8 inch tree without a drop in rpms at all.

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE #13  
And I got the baby of the group the 2620 and it makes the driveway easily in low range, just barely in mid range. Of course none of my tractors can negoitate my driveway and hill in "high" range "high" gear. Between the hill and the curves it might be a tad bit messy.

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE
Yeah my current 2615 won't drive up my driveway in high...sometimes struggles in med
Pretty pathetic.

It is really frustrating that the 35HP "could be" a 40HP so quickly and easily but the 40 HP is $2k more. If I buy the 40 and then a year later I find put there is a cheap way to make a 35 a 40 I'm gonna be....well not too pleased.

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE
Makes sense to me, actually. It's the exact same ECU module, why wouldn't it be. Presumably you have to buy one through a dealer; then they will flash the corresponding 35 or 40 HP tune onto it.

We just need someone to uh, borrow a dealer flash-programming tool (probably just plugs into the OBD port under the dash) with a 40 HP tune ready to go, then we could do a mail-it-to-the-next-person for a low fee type thing. Like a chain letter, haha.

All that said, my 35 HP basically never feels insufficient. It's certainly enough HP for the frame and weight. I doubt the 2610/2620 could drive up my driveway hill in high range at full speed, but my 3510 can (just barely).
I'd pay at least $500 for this service

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE #16  

Great point. Completely forgot that the dealer is the one flashing the ECU accordingly to the model of the tractor. They pretty much get a blank ECU.

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE
Just paid for my tractor and snowblower. Paid to get a radio also. Can't wait to get it home!
20230929_151846.jpg

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE #18  
Just paid for my tractor and snowblower. Paid to get a radio also. Can't wait to get it home!
Yay, now that decision is made what’s next? Snow pusher? chains? third function? Grapple choice? Speaker upgrade? Radio upgrade? Rear view camera? Led lights? Grill guard? :LOL:

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE
Yay, now that decision is made what’s next? Snow pusher? chains? third function? Grapple choice? Speaker upgrade? Radio upgrade? Rear view camera? Led lights? Grill guard?
I ordered a 72" Meteor rear mount push type blower (drive backwards to use) with hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic deflector.
Holding off on chains for now.
I got them to throw in the factory radio for free but after watching some YouTube videos I am learning that the stock stereo system is junk.
I thought of having third function installed but I'll probably just do it myself later on if I find it is something I need.
I decided to hold off on chains for now until I try it with the tires that are on it.

/ CK4020SE vs. CK3520SE #20  
So wait... did you get the 35 or the 40?

You didn't tell us it was for a cab model! I would have likely said get the extra 5 HP for the weight of the cab and to run the A/C.