Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #162  
Back in the 70s there was a government program to help pay for land clearing. Now the government pays you to plant trees on cleared land.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #164  
Back in the 70s there was a government program to help pay for land clearing. Now the government pays you to plant trees on cleared land.
D.C. has a lot of trees that produce money and if that doesn't work they can print money for all of their pet projects.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #166  
So, depending on the OPs time line vs budget; if he's got more time to wait than money; you could bush hog everything you can; ring the remaining undesirable trees; then wait a year and those ringed out, dead trees will pull down much easier then live one's. LONG strap, about 12 ft up, has a very nice lever arm, and a fairly moderate tractoe will pull down 8-15" trees; and termites/rot/fungus will break down hardwood stumps.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #167  
Mike Morgan mentioned this thread today in his video, as a reason why he doesn’t usually read forums.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #168  
Mike Morgan mentioned this thread today in his video, as a reason why he doesn’t usually read forums.
Don’t know who he is but I don’t usually either and I’m a newish member. However, the headline on the trending email caught my attention…. 150 acres? I thought the pioneer days were over. I actually thought there were valid reasons for nearly all the points raised.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #169  
Don’t know who he is but I don’t usually either and I’m a newish member. However, the headline on the trending email caught my attention…. 150 acres? I thought the pioneer days were over. I actually thought there were valid reasons for nearly all the points raised.
Mike Morgan:

One of my favorite YouTube channels Outdoors With The Morgans: https://www.youtube.com/@OutdoorsWithTheMorgans

Last edited:
   / Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #170  
Mike had a good take on this thread needing more details. If there were details I’d suggest this may be more of a question for Letsdig18 though. That dude has cleared a fair amount of land in the Carolinas.