climbing saw

/ climbing saw #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Lookin at used Stihls.
Anyone have opinions on brand or model?

/ climbing saw #2  
Can of worms. Small Stihl saws have narrower chains and cut faster. Larger Stihl saws have more power and cut faster. There’s truth in there somewhere. I’d get a new 194 because you can still get it carbureted, they don’t cost much new. I haven’t seen many used ones pop up that weren’t very abused.

/ climbing saw
Can of worms. Small Stihl saws have narrower chains and cut faster. Larger Stihl saws have more power and cut faster. There’s truth in there somewhere. I’d get a new 194 because you can still get it carbureted, they don’t cost much new. I haven’t seen many used ones pop up that weren’t very abused.
Man I priced a new 194 and thought it was too expensive!
Most of the used ones do look abused.

One thing about a climber is you know it’s been dropped more than a few times from way up high.

/ climbing saw #4  
I wish we had those new fangled climbing saws down here in the south. We still have to climb the tree and carry the saw. Ours must be lazy.

/ climbing saw #5  
Man I priced a new 194 and thought it was too expensive!
Most of the used ones do look abused.

One thing about a climber is you know it’s been dropped more than a few times from way up high.
Think they’re $439? That’s what, a tank and a half of gas in your truck🤣

I think the Husky equivalent is 50-75 cheaper? I’m a Stihl guy but I wouldn’t kick a husky out of the truck.

/ climbing saw #6  
I bought an Echo top handle saw, but regret it.

The price was half that of the Stihl, but the build quality is lower than desired. So far, I broke the handle from the case, requiring case body replacement. Also it has developed a bar oil leak that gets oil everywhere while stored.

I will be buying a Stihl top handle saw soon.

Good luck.

/ climbing saw #8  
200T is one all TH get compared too. But folks want stupid money for those now. Thank goodness for the clone of it. Runs just like it did for my uses.

Pro that came to do my top damage was running a newer 201T.

I owned a OEM 200T. But sold to a climber and 3 338. I liked the 338's the best but not their builds for working on.

The little 150T was nice but a climber liked it better then me.

If I was going to buy new OEM today myself would look at the 335 and 2511 echo.
I like carbs I can tune.

s200t.jpg
h3382.jpg
s150afffff.jpg
s150e340.jpg
g111ta.jpg

/ climbing saw