climbing saw

/ climbing saw #12  
Too expensive for my use. I have two "standard" Stihl saws. A 180 and a 250. There was a time I had a MONSTER Stihl. Something like a 660 with a 28" bar. Used to cut my giant Ponderosa pine trunks into firewood length. Sold the saw and the wood stove as a unit.

/ climbing saw #13  
I don't have any complaints about the Echo top handle arborist saw I bought last March. CS-271T | ECHO-USA.com

Mine has a label that is made in Japan.

/ climbing saw
Pro for climbing for commercial use or just homeowner use when needed?
In between.
More than HO and less than everyday commercial.
Once a week for a couple hours per session.
I like sea2summit on the 194, but still don’t feel like kickin out $500.

/ climbing saw #15  
I like this little beast...lot of zip easy to handle.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 55
   / climbing saw #17  
Are you actually going to use it as a climbing saw or are you just looking for a smaller saw?

/ climbing saw #18  
I paid somewhere around $300 for this Redmax. It cuts pretty good for a little saw.
IMG_6260.JPG

/ climbing saw #19  
I have an Echo CS2511T that seems to work ok. I thought about a Stihl but they did not really have a warranty. Not that I have used this Echo that much to get close to a warranty issue. Starts pretty easy.

/ climbing saw #20  
Check this info to be sure. But the little 194 plastic TH is just the plastic 171 engine maybe in the TH version from a quick look.
Never tore apart one to know for sure. But theirs specs are listed same.

Link to stihl specs for comparing

Are you able to do what you want with little light cheap 170 180 rear handle? Dont get the newer 171 181 and the even newer 162 182 etc. Gutless turds.

s194c.jpg

Attachments

• Chain-Saw-Comparison-Chart(2).pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited: