Close call--almost tipped over!

/ Close call--almost tipped over! #51  
Consider getting a canopy ...brings the ROPS height into your forward field of vision (and keeps off the rain/sun)

/ Close call--almost tipped over! #52  
Consider getting a canopy ...brings the ROPS height into your forward field of vision (and keeps off the rain/sun)

/ Close call--almost tipped over! #53  
[I was cursing because I could have put my foot out to stop the roll and couldn't get my feet out from the pedals and transmission hump ]

Perhaps you were luckier than you know ...a slow roll of a heavy object can fool you ...lots and lots of momentum ...not uncommon for race car driver to break an arm when instinctively putting it out the window to stop a rollover ...reason for the netting on the window

/ Close call--almost tipped over! #54  
[I was cursing because I could have put my foot out to stop the roll and couldn't get my feet out from the pedals and transmission hump ]

Perhaps you were luckier than you know ...a slow roll of a heavy object can fool you ...lots and lots of momentum ...not uncommon for race car driver to break an arm when instinctively putting it out the window to stop a rollover ...reason for the netting on the window

/ Close call--almost tipped over!
Man you are lucky. Whew!

Hey, in your avatar pic, is that a Kubota without a ROPS?

Man you are lucky. Whew!

Hey, in your avatar pic, is that a Kubota without a ROPS?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Great post and appreciate the responses too.
Note- When I first got my BX2200 in 2003, I took off the ROPS because it got in the way, in my view anyway. In an offhand comment by my favorite Kubota shop foreman, he said that;

"Kubota has told them that they are forbidden from working on tractors that do not have the factory ROPS on".

I put mine back on as soon as I got home. It is no problem after all.
JBX )</font>

Thanks. I can tell you that taking the picture and posting it here was a heck of a lot more fun than having instant thoughts of being crippled for life, or even worse, wrecking my Kubota (kidding).

One of the reasons I wanted to get rid of my JD is that after using it for a year and having a few close calls, I wanted something that had a ROPS. There is no way to put a ROPS on my JD because it had plastic fenders and no frame above the rear tires to bolt it to. So, I feel much safer now, and figure the ROPS hitting things is a learning curve well worth the added safety.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Great post and appreciate the responses too.
Note- When I first got my BX2200 in 2003, I took off the ROPS because it got in the way, in my view anyway. In an offhand comment by my favorite Kubota shop foreman, he said that;

"Kubota has told them that they are forbidden from working on tractors that do not have the factory ROPS on".

I put mine back on as soon as I got home. It is no problem after all.
JBX )</font>

Thanks. I can tell you that taking the picture and posting it here was a heck of a lot more fun than having instant thoughts of being crippled for life, or even worse, wrecking my Kubota (kidding).

One of the reasons I wanted to get rid of my JD is that after using it for a year and having a few close calls, I wanted something that had a ROPS. There is no way to put a ROPS on my JD because it had plastic fenders and no frame above the rear tires to bolt it to. So, I feel much safer now, and figure the ROPS hitting things is a learning curve well worth the added safety.

/ Close call--almost tipped over! #59  
So you have to choose: rops or clothesline!

Just kidding. Take care lucky man

/ Close call--almost tipped over! #60  
So you have to choose: rops or clothesline!

Just kidding. Take care lucky man