Cold Night

/ Cold Night #21  
And here I am thinking about going out and making my first cut of the season. The warm weather has the trees starting to bloom and the grass growing. Today is a little chilly at 60 degrees but it's warming up. Definitely nice weather to golf in, but who has time for that now that there is so much yard work to do. I can see the Sierras from here and wish I could make a quick trip up to ski. The mountains are covered, but will surely start loosing their snow fast with the weather as nice as it is. Tahoe is in the 40's. Rat...

/ Cold Night #22  
What a bunch of wusses(sp). When I was a kid, my father went out to call us in for supper and it was so cold that we didn't hear him till next spring when it thawed. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously, the coldest I've seen it up here is -52, no wind. Coldest wind chill was -80's. Glad that hasn't happened since I was a kid. This year, so far, coldest has been -34.

/ Cold Night #23  
A heat wave here -- we hit 12 above zero. Three and a half feet of snow on the ground...and The Weather Channel still lists my local golf conditions as "Very Poor." /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Pete

/ Cold Night #24  
my oldest daughters birthday is FEB.3 also, and it is quite funny but the year she was born, was a terrible week weather wise, and my wife was in labor for 2 days, used to kid my daughter that she started to be born and saw the weather and said no way, so she waited till the 3rd. guess she did not like the snow and cold, think that might be why she lives in PHOENIX AZ.?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ Cold Night #25  
We just finished a trip from Alberta to Nova Scotia with truck and camper.

The first evening it was only-25C. The next -40C and only slightly better at -35C the following nights.

Only -2C when we arrived home yesterday. Now to clear the driveways.

Egon

/ Cold Night #26  
I hear from one o my staff in Alberta ... who is married to a guy from Nova Scotia ... that you got, like, 6 ft of snow there???
Any chance you could spare some? Just truck it down this way .... I'm awfully sick of brown grass.

/ Cold Night #27  
There's a portion of Newfoundland that has had a minimum of 30cm's per week since the beginning of the winter. They are up to 7 meters! (that's 23 feet for the metrically unchallenged)

/ Cold Night #28  
wow! sounds like good sleddin'!
On the Rock or in Labrador?

/ Cold Night #29  
Well I don't know about six feet but I've spent 6 hours on the tractor and the driveway is only half done and I'm all Done.

Egon

/ Cold Night #30  
This would be on the Island. They mentioned the name of the place on the news - I think it started with a C, but I can't remember. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the amount that had fallen.