Cold Night

/ Cold Night #31  
Frank,

Did you hear that strange sound yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif..the eves dripping. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

31.7F as of now w/2" of fresh snow to plow..Febuary starting off pretty darn nice. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cold Night #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice photo. How about some more of the elevated walk to the garage/barn. I guess you can walk over without getting in the snow. )</font>

Gary, There is no entrance to the garage on the 2nd floor. I think I may do that in the distant future. The covered walk way is actually a pipe chase believe it or not. The original owner built the place himself. His wife did not like the noise of the oil fired furnace. So they put it in the far corner of the garage. As far as possible away from the house. I have hot water baseboard heat. So there is 80 linear feet of pipe from the furnace before it enters my house. And when I moved in not a lick of it was insulated. Garage was toasy warm. So I insulated the pipes in the garage and redid the elevated deck and pipe chase.

Luckily none of the pipes froze in that cold spell. We were 2 weeks below freezing as the high.

Phil

/ Cold Night #33  
Hope you don't get the crap we have (that's coming your way), Thomas. We were at the freezing mark yesterday ... snow/rain/snow/rain ... when I went out to "do" the horses at 8PM last night ... there was 1/2" of ice on the pavement (sidewalks, barn entrance, etc). This morning, ice coated everything, although there was some snow frozen into it (switched to snow during the middle of the night).
Snow I like ... freezing rain sucks swampwater thru a straw!

/ Cold Night #34  
Looks like we got your left overs Wingnut,for those kinda of storms are double duty..snow removal,sanding,chipping ice. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

We had a mix bag thrown at us..sleet,snow,rain,break of sun,than rain to snow and darn windy to boot,and looks like alot of extra spring time raking ahead.

Looks like the -0F's temps are on there way once again. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Cold Night #35  
Thomas:
We've had three days of good rain. As a result there are ice jambs on the two bridges in town and one farther upstream. The lower town bridge is closed to traffic and has likely suffered some damage. Some riverbank homes and a shopping mall have been evacuated.

How is the recovery going?

Egon

/ Cold Night #36  
Doesn't sound good..most of all if the sub zero weather returns while the ice still jam. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif