Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #21  
Re: Cold tractor blows \"O\" ring on hydro filter

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Understand I left the dealership in late October, so I am not privy to NH's latest engineering feats. As it stood then, NH would have owners buy the 'cold weather hydro filter'; I assume that has not changed. My recommendation to owners of NH equipment STORED at ambient temps below 30 degrees F and using that particular charge pressure filter is to install the 'cold weather hydro filter'. Monitor the situation to see if NH introduces a suitable filter at lower cost. And fully adhere to the 300 hour filter change interval in order to lower the per-hour cost. Changing the filter sooner is a waste of money unless you know there is contamination. New system design is the minor part of the problem. The design of the updated 'standard' hydrostatic charge pressure filter is mostly to blame IMHO. When this filter came out, problems increased exponentially. )</font>

Does this cold weather hydro filter problem apply to only the 29 or to all Boomers?
Bob

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #22  

I thought I was pretty clear on that.

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #23  

All hydro boomers Doc! Next question.

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #24  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( All hydro boomers Doc! Next question. )</font>

Thanks!
DOC

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #25  

RickB: </font><font color="blue" class="small">( The design of the updated 'standard' hydrostatic charge pressure filter is mostly to blame IMHO. When this filter came out, problems increased exponentially.
)</font>

I see this as a very significant statement by RickB. While the design of the hydro charge pump circuit on ALL Boomers could probably be improved, putting this newer "standard" filter on the system caused a rise in the rate of failures. I have 1050 hours on my tractor and have never had a hydro filter leak, but I bought several filters about two years ago and have not bought any of the newer filters. I'm substantially anxious about putting a new filter on my hydro the next time I change fluid. Even though I'm in Texas where temperatures are normally much higher than in Michigan, we still fall into the band of temperature that is problematic. I think we have a system-wide filter problem and New Holland wants us to bear the cost of buying up their stock of inferior filters. Now would be a great time for a third-party vendor to introduce a substitute filter. Providing a $60 filter is not a satisfactory long-term soluition IMO.

I have about another year befoire I have to change my filter at 1200 hours. I'll pay the $60, but I won't be happy about it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #26  

<font color="blue">I'll pay the $60, but I won't be happy about it.
</font>

I'm with you on that Jim. This looks to me like New Holland's problem is once again being thrust upon the end user in the form of increased hydro filter charges. Not Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #27  

And I was groaning when I bought the Vopper hydro filter for the TC48DA at $42. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #28  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">I'll pay the $60, but I won't be happy about it.
</font>

I'm with you on that Jim. This looks to me like New Holland's problem is once again being thrust upon the end user in the form of increased hydro filter charges. Not Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif )</font>

I wonder what NH installs on their new tractors on the lot? What do the dealer mechanics use? Say? Curious minds want to know! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bob

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #29  

[quote
I wonder what NH installs on their new tractors on the lot? What do the dealer mechanics use? Say? Curious minds want to know! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bob )</font>

Bob, the first post in this thread was discussing a brand new tractor on the dealer's lot. It blew a filter when the mechanic started it up. I think the factory is using the "standard" filter that RickB mentioned. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Cold tractor blows "O" ring on hydro filter #30  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( [quote
Bob )</font>

Bob, the first post in this thread was discussing a brand new tractor on the dealer's lot. It blew a filter when the mechanic started it up. I think the factory is using the "standard" filter that RickB mentioned. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif )</font>

You are correct. I forgot the original post (so many posts, so little time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Thanks for the reminder.