Front-End Loader coldwater FEL

/ coldwater FEL #11  
i just installed my coldwater FEL. i have been able to use it some in the past week and am very pleased so far.

muzzy123,

Just out of curiosity, I noticed from your photos that it does not appear that the side cylinders have been "flipped" so that the hydraulic connections are pointing outwards and not inwards. Part of the instructions I received from Coldwater was to flip the cylinders so the hydraulic connections were pointing out.

/ coldwater FEL #12  
muzzy123,

Just out of curiosity, I noticed from your photos that it does not appear that the side cylinders have been "flipped" so that the hydraulic connections are pointing outwards and not inwards. Part of the instructions I received from Coldwater was to flip the cylinders so the hydraulic connections were pointing out.

I was not aware of that. Mine came fully assembled with no instructions. The first thing i did was take it apart amd paint it and i guess i didnt pay attention to how the cylinders were installed. I will get them turned around. Do you know what the difference is?

/ coldwater FEL
Yeah Muzz123, I had to flip my cylinders when my loader got here too. I think they turn them inside due to the way that they package them for transport, to protect the fittings. I didn't figure that out until I tried to raise the loader and the fittings hit the frame supports coming up from the front bumper. Im liking the blue paint too, its just enough for me to take mine off and paint it. Good looking tractor

/ coldwater FEL #14  
Same reason as letsmowone. I thought the fittings would be better protected being on the inside but I had tags on mine saying to flip them so the fittings were out. Maybe on yours you have enough clearance with the fittings pointed in.

/ coldwater FEL #15  
was this difficult to install yourself? how long did it take?

/ coldwater FEL #16  
I havent had an issue with them being inside and they did not have any tags on them sayingng to flip them either. I will flip them around though, thanks for letting me know.

/ coldwater FEL
Randy41, Coldwater sends all that you need down to the nuts and bolts. It took me about an hour or so with the help of my 4 year old son. The guys are just a phone call away if there are any questions and are glad to talk to you. They do not send alot of instruction however its self explanatory. I had a tag on mine that said flip the cylinders and that was so the fittings didn't hit the frame of the loader and that's about all you get. They labled the hydraulic hoses in and out. Not much to figure out because the bucket goes to the front and mine only had 3 brackets to bolt up before putting on the arms. I loaded an empty 500 gallon oil tank with mine today and when we weighed it at the scrap yard I was supprised it weighed almost 900 lbs. I have pictures but don't know how to post them

/ coldwater FEL
this is a picture of the (empty) oil tank that me and my 1210 worked on to get loaded Monday. My trailer is 20 feet long if that gives any perspective of the size of the tank. The loader could handle the tank however I needed some more counterweight on the back because the box blade just wasn't enough. Hope the picture loaded.
thanks.

2013-05-20_13-02-26_517.jpg

/ coldwater FEL #19  
do they have a web site and if so what is it thanks, do you all know of any other good fel s besides koyker and this coldwater one thanks again

/ coldwater FEL
Reelnative they do have a website.....coldwatertractors.com ...... I found that Woods also makes them too. I have had mine for a bit and have used it a lot, I can't figure out how I ever got anything done before without one. If you visit their site get their phone number and give them a call, they are super sharp on compact tractors and FEL. I have read some others comments about the "look" of the Coldwater loader being cheap but I'm not sure if those people actually own one or base that on a picture. I have only good things to say about the one that I purchased, it will outwork my little tractor. The other thing that I like is they use all generic fittings and sizes which can be replaced from your local Tractor Supply store and not a high price name brand dealer only store. Give them a call you will be glad that you did... Hope this helps for you.