color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps???

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #11  
The fuel caps on my diesel trucks are GREEN...:rolleyes:
The fuel caps on my JD diesel tractors are mixed...one red one black...but the black one has a big red rubber gromet around the filler tube...:confused:

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #12  
why, the can is not red here.

Can you spot what else is wrong here ?

blondes08.jpg

Last edited:
   / color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #13  
Is that a cigarette in her hand?

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #14  
Is that a cigarette in her hand?

Bingo...

blondes09.jpg

plus her shirt is on backward, oh wait... that might be her 8 year old daughter's outfit.

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #16  
I was focused on the top, never saw the cigarette, :D
who would be stupid enough to do that?
Lots of people! I once saw a guy drive up on a motorcycle, stay seated on the bike and flipped the lid open on the tank and started to pump in some premium fuel. He had a lit cigarette in his mouth all the while. and then leaned down to peer into the tank to make sure it was full. I was busy putting my pump back and getting the H-E-"double hockey sticks out" of there " muy pronto!"
and all of the diesel pump covers are green around here.
James K0UA

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #17  
why, the can is not red here.

Can you spot what else is wrong here ?

blondes08.jpg

Looking at the license plates, it appears to be in some "foreign" country- maybe it IS a diesel can since diesel powered cars are common elsewhere...that could explain the can not being red, besides who knows if they even have such requirements on can colors in other countries. As for the cigarette, not too smart, then again if it is diesel instead of gasoline, I wouldn't do it but not near as chancy as with gasoline.

As for pump handle color coding- most diesel pump nozzles I've seen are green- but not all, gotta pay attention. I think it is BP- all of them are green!

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #18  
Green has always meant diesel when dealing with overhead barrels and such.

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #19  
I have a big diesel tank @ my shop for trucks, tractor,etc. When we go on the road, yellow cans are diesel, red is gasoline, blue is two stroke!

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #20  
Red cans for gas and red for diesel. Different can styles for each to tell the differemce.