color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps???

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #21  
Red 5 gallon cans for gasoline for mowers, red one gallon can for mixed fuel for chainsaw, big white steel storage tank on rollers with a 12 volt car battery setting on top and a 12 VDC fuel pump on one end for diesel. Don't need any markings on it either as I do all the fuelling around here. NO automobile fuel is kept at home and not more than 6 gallons of gasoline when my two containers are full. I do have some spare plastic gas containers but they aren't used unless I would be prepping for a hurricane or other natural disaster.
As for color coding of fuel caps, that might be a good idea, but probably wouldn't keep those who pump gasoline into diesel engine tanks from doing it when they have at least half inch high letters that say "DIESEL" written on the cap and they still put in the wrong fuel. They made the diesel nozzles too big to go into a gasoline automobile tank so folks would realize something was wrong but nothing to keep absent minded folks from putting gasoline into a diesel tank.
As for pumps, the plastic is green here for diesel and mostly black for gasoline

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #22  
there is no official color designation for pump hose/handle colors... many times the diesel handles ARE green, but ive seen them with black handles and sometimes with yellow handles.
Even worse, is that I have seen gasoline handles with green and with yellow.. just gotta be paying attention!.
As for the Whats wrong with this pic...
Heck with the cigarette, i was admiring the way she held that fuel nozzle... looks like its not her first time!

/ color coding of fuel cans, filler caps, and pumps??? #23  
I don't count on it, but I can't say I've seen anything other than Yellow rubber handles on Diesel pumps in Canada. The lower volume Diesel pumps here are the same nozzle diameter as gasoline pump nozzles - knock wood (wraps himself on the noggin), no mistakes on my part so far.

I find it a bit scary buying diesel in the USA, w/o any consistent pump handle colour. I triple check before filling, but it is even a bit of PITA pulling into a station you don't know, at night, in bad weather - hard to figure out which pump is diesel at a glance sometimes. I've parked, and walked around a station at least one time down South, just to find the right pump.

Up here, Green handled pumps are sometimes used to market ethanol.

I agree, Ya gotta wonder.... with NAFTA, CAA, AAA, CE, UL, CSA, Transport authorities up the wazoo....... why can't we get a consistent pump colour scheme, at least within one continent ?

Guess it would make too much sense ! :confused3:

Rgds, D.