combining power pack and aux hydraulics to up gpm?

/ combining power pack and aux hydraulics to up gpm? #11  
The setup can’t work because there’s not enough HP available. The 37gpm at 3000 psi is exceeding the available HP by itself. The tractor still needs power to operate the necessary systems, steering hydraulic flow, loader hydraulic flow plus moving itself. You’d need 100 hp or so and even that’s marginal to pull off the job.

Last edited:
   / combining power pack and aux hydraulics to up gpm? #12  
Wondering if its possible to combine aux. hydraulics with a power pack if the psi is the same? For example, the Kubota m59 has a 17gpm aux circuit at ~3000psi I believe. The pto could also presumably run a power pack that generated 20gpm at ~3000psi. Could a flow combiner be used to create 37gpm at 3000psi, and then the return line would be split back to the two different pumps? If so, this would theoretically allow a light mulcher to be run on a FEL if a tractor had aux hydraulics and a PTO power pack

Sure, that can work. I wouldn't make it so complicated though. There is an better & easier way. Just get a PTO-driven pump with it's own reservoir. Run it independently of the tractor. Lots of tractors used to do that, and the PTO-driven 3pt backhoes you buy today still work exactly that way.

Your theoretical limits are set by how much PTO HP you have.
The formula is PTO HP = Fluid psi x GPM/1714 x efficiency - if I remember right. Better double check that. Efficiency is usually figured to be between 80 and 90 percent.
rScotty