Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them?

/ Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them?
I think that the spool should handel another 2 feet of door but you need to check it out! when installing it if it gets away from you it unrools VERY FAST! Be safe:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up. I plan to have it tied in the coil until after it's hanging and the drive motor installed. That will be a few months yet though. I'll need to ensure that I can get the extra parts to make it 12 ft first and even then I'll still have to have the guides extended before I'm ready to start looking at that. I'll consider myself lucky if I actually get that far this sumer.

/ Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them? #12  
Well I live/work in Renton so let me know I deal with Wayne Dalton and
another brand of these style doors so I may be able to help!! I don't install
them but I am a dealer for these... :thumbsup:

/ Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them? #13  
3) How interchangable are the motor drive units? This one is 480V 3Ph.

Can the motor be configured for 230V and then connected to a single to three phase inverter? Depending on the horsepower it may be less expensive than a 230V motor.

/ Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them? #14  
Door brand name and model is probably on the cover box by the motor. Call a local overhead door company (Overhead Door Co. is the name on ours) and tell them what you have. They can probably make the additional 2' you need which would slide into place while the door is laid out flat. They just need to know the make of door and can cut it to the width you need. We have a similar one at work and it uses a 110V motor. The additional 2' may require a larger cover box for it to roll up into.

OK, remembered the camera this morning and got some better pix tonight.

It's an Atlas door. The slats are 2-1/2" and flat and there appears to be plenty of room for another wrap of door without hitting the cover.

We got the door rolled back up tonight. Although it ended up being a three person job.:laughing: It's a lot harder to do that when nothing's bolted together and flops around.

Here are some pix. WARNING: These are large pix.

Attachments

• door_001.jpg
    door_001.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 100
  • door_002.jpg
    door_002.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 96
  • door_003.jpg
    door_003.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 81
  • door_004.jpg
    door_004.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 80
  • door_005.jpg
    door_005.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 73
  • door_006.jpg
    door_006.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 80
  • door_007.jpg
    door_007.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 74
  • door_008.jpg
    door_008.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 92
  • door_009.jpg
    door_009.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 73
  • door_010.jpg
    door_010.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 91
  • door_011.jpg
    door_011.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 100
   / Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them? #16  
You might try Cornell Iron Works they make custom doors like yours.They are located in Mountain top Pa.

Well I live/work in Renton so let me know I deal with Wayne Dalton and
another brand of these style doors so I may be able to help!! I don't install
them but I am a dealer for these... :thumbsup:

If you're a dealer, is there any chance of getting parts for this door through you? I'm going to have to buy them from someone and I'd rather give my money to another TBNer than someone I don't know.:thumbsup:

/ Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them? #18  
If you're a dealer, is there any chance of getting parts for this door through you? I'm going to have to buy them from someone and I'd rather give my money to another TBNer than someone I don't know.:thumbsup:

I sent the photo of the tag to work I'll make a few calls in the AM and advise
I know the door company but can't remeber if i can buy from them but I will let you know! :thumbsup:

/ Commercial roll-up doors, anyone here install them? #19  
Well I struck out we don't have an account set with Atlas unless they are listed under a different name I looked high and low under my vendor list nothing..if you need a number to try for some help let me know I can maybe steer you in the right direction!

Well I struck out we don't have an account set with Atlas unless they are listed under a different name I looked high and low under my vendor list nothing..if you need a number to try for some help let me know I can maybe steer you in the right direction!

Thanks for the effort. I'll try the door company who replaced the door and gave me the old one. If I strike out there, then we'll figure out what's next. I'll keep this thread up-to-date with how things are going. Probably won't be any updates until Friday though as I'll be in classes for work until 5:00 each night and won't have a chance to contact the door company until then.