Compact 45hp range tractors

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #11  
What about the Kioti 45 horse DS4510HS? Really strong loader specs, and it's available with the synchronized hydraulic clutch. The only downside I see spec-wise, is that a lot of HP is lost to the PTO (only 35.1).

This tractor is in the running for me next year when my current tractor is paid off. I am also considering the Cub/Yanmar EX450, and the Kubota MX4700/5100.

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #12  
Yanmar 3810D is what I have and have no complaints whatsoever does everything you want and then some worth a look imo only thing is they are 30 years old and still cost what a newer korean or chineese tractor go for take that how you want.

Steve

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #13  
The 6120 is my primary turf tractor. Mostly for grass mowing with a 15' finishing mower, pulling out irrigation reels, and spraying. It is set up with flotation turf tires, 2wd, no loader. I have a small 60 acre turf farm.

Aside from the turf farm, 45 acres of tobacco, 60 acres wheat, 125 acres of soybeans.

The purpose of this tractor is for a small food plot development business that I recently started during the slump in the construction. Grass sales were off a good 75-80% from 2 years ago, now coming back VERY slowly.

Need something I can quickly load up and run 50 miles with, but be big enough to pull and pick up a 8' 1000 lb 3pt disc, and a 1500 lb cultipacker. The only compact tractors I have are a old ford 3000 and a ford 2910 w/loader. I was thinking about upgrading one of them about 30 years(not that they need it, the 3000 has over 6500 hrs on it). Most fields for this tractor will be less than 5 acres.

I gotcha now. I thought for a minute you were talking about doing major field work with a compact tractor. I say drive any other brand and then drive a Grand L40 series Kubota, personally unless you're trying to be loyal to one color I think you'll pick the Kubota. We looked at several different brands before settling on the Kubota L3940. It's the first non-Red tractor ever on this farm, the farm's been here over a hundred years. The Auto-Throttle and Stall Guard are awesome features. Hopefully your Kubota dealer will know what all these features are for unlike one dealer we went to. Also the seat on the L40's blows away JD's 4000 series seat, armrests and reclining seat back are nice items. We have tractors from 20-some hp to over 100hp everyone wants to drive the Kubota. Naturally the Kubota isn't going to pull a 15' disc or the 12' Amco F17 Bog Harrow either but for all the small jobs around here, I think the IH 574 is starting to feel left out.

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #14  
Take look at the Mahindra 4530. It will do everything that you want to do.

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #15  
I know that this tractor is a few horse power more than what you are looking for, but the Mahindra 5035 is one heck of a tractor. :thumbsup:

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #17  
It's a mistake to use a compact chassis with a mower that size. I have both a compact and a full size tractor and the short wheelbase of the compact makes field work uncomfortable. Especially mowing which can be done at a higher ground speed. Tilling is fine. I think a utility size tractor with a power shuttle is the better way to go. With a batwing, hydro isn't needed as much because you won't be backing up as much as you would if you mow the yard. My 27hp tractor is hydro and it is great for mowing with a flail or 5ft bush hog. The other two are geared and are much better in the field.

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #18  
I use my Kubota M4900 strictly for food plots. It's 2WD and has no problems pulling a 1300# disc uphill. You could probably fit the tractor, a cutter and the cultipacker on a 20' trailer with some ingenuity. I know I can fit mine on the 20' trailer with a 6' cutter and it has loader. You will need a 3/4 ton to pull it though.

/ Compact 45hp range tractors #19  
Check out the Bobcat tractors..Look at the CT440SST (41hp) CT445SST (45hp) or the CT450SST (50hp).
They have some REALLY GOOD DEALS going on right now!!!

Mr Wallace, would you give your oppinion on which tractor you would spend your money on in the 40-50hp range? you sell all three brands. Mihindra, Kioti, bobcat, If you could only have one of these which is best. I hope you dont say they are all equal and the best because that wont help with making up minds.