Compact articulated loaders

/ Compact articulated loaders #21  
That Tendo looks an awfull lot like a toolcat!

Are any of them articulated?

One of the great things about a wheel loader is the visability to the tool. I've noticed that some new machines in the marketplace have lost sight of this important aspect and have the operator way back from the loader. When you can see the tips of your forks, that's what it's all about.

/ Compact articulated loaders #22  
I've thought a lot about these loaders to run skidsteer attachments. I think it would be great for a mulcher and tree shear.

I wonder how they do with hills and stability verse a skidsteer?

/ Compact articulated loaders #23  
What is a mulcher?

Some of the newer wheel loaders have some flow available out front. Like for a broom. Not sure any have high flow. I have aux hydraulics front and back, but with no great flow. I do run a hydraulic jack hammer and hydraulic diamond chain saw however.

Skid steer and wheel loaders are just such totally different animals. I would not even think about running a wheel loader sideways on a hill. I have gotten myself into scary situations, where I have put the large and heavy hoe extended way out to one side for counterbalance, just to get safely out of a bad situation.

In general wheel loaders are narrow. The Kubota is especially narrow allowing it to get into remarkable places.

John Deere has addressed the stability issue by making the rear axle steer as well. Adds to complexity, cost and ruins the robust solid axle design of a wheel loader!

Last edited:
   / Compact articulated loaders #25  
QUOTE=Industrial Toys;3617710]What is a mulcher?

Funny you should ask, since just a couple of days ago I was watching mulcher vids. This one fascinated me as much for the tractor as for the mulcher!
Seppi M. SMO Miniforst 175 Demonstration - YouTube[[/QUOTE]

Wow! Its a piece of forestry equipment! How handy !! I have seen tree harvesters that pick up a tree delimb it and buck it in minutes but this is awesome!

/ Compact articulated loaders #26  
That's what I figured. I almost bought a similar tractor made by Holder years ago from a closed bid Federal Auction. I was deeply depressed for a month when I found out I just missed it by a few hundred bucks. And it was cheap! The europeans are so far ahead of North America it's not even funny. How we are stuck on that miserable little steering front wheels, big back wheels configuration. They have four big wheels, articulation, PTOs front and back with different speed options, numerous hydraulic circuits!

If I was tht guy in the video, I'd watch that I don't get clobbered by some widow maker!

I was looking at Seppi machines years ago. The ones I saw will grind rock as well. But way beyond the capacity of my little JD 6200! And super, expensive!

Those retards in these vedeos never seem to check the trees for bird nests!

/ Compact articulated loaders #27  
So I looked at a bunch of these style machines before settling on the PT. The problem with the Gehl / Troboco/ Tendo is they are really only good for flat work place, they go over sideways really quickly, and the arms that extend really will put you on your side. Also, they are ungodly expensive. Figure 30K minimum for the small ones.

I am not dissing the product, they are very cool for the proper application, but they seemed to me to be focused on tight turn, high capacity lift and tall boom height. To acheive that they had to compromise on stability.

To me, the best tractor that is articulated for a small farm is the Antonio Carraro. But, again, 50K entry price was just too darn much.

PT is a swiss army knife, does it all, but none of it perfect.

/ Compact articulated loaders #28  
I looked at those at a dealership. I was dismayed because I found that they were in fact NOT articulated although they certainly looked as if they were. Maybe there are different models.

I have a predjudice against Italian equipment anyway!.

/ Compact articulated loaders #29  
Talk about coincidental timing...just saw this on CL. Man, I could put that to use!

Tractor

/ Compact articulated loaders #30  
As long as you don't ever need a 3 PH or PTO, these would be fine tools. Some jobs it could do lots better than our CUTs, but wouldn't have the versatility we enjoy.