Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #191  
  1. How badly do you want the tractor?
  2. How likely are you to find it cheaper later?

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #193  
Update: So I got a call from the dealer today and he left a message on my phone answering my email instead of replying to it. He is asking above MSRP price which explains why they are advertising it nationally and not giving a price. Should I waste my time haggling with him or just move on?
Easy for me to say since I don’t need to buy a tractor but I wouldn’t do business with someone like that. It says a lot about their character IMO, and I try hard to not enable those types of people. There were some auto dealers doing the same shady stuff and the manufacturers basically said that if they kept it up they would be punished, and rightly so.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #194  
Easy for me to say since I don’t need to buy a tractor but I wouldn’t do business with someone like that. It says a lot about their character IMO, and I try hard to not enable those types of people. There were some auto dealers doing the same shady stuff and the manufacturers basically said that if they kept it up they would be punished, and rightly so.
I'm the same way. if they have email, you like to use it, if they'd like to sell you something, then a smart dealership would be using it.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #195  
If they're actually interested in selling the tractor why don't they just email me back?
I'm guessing that dealers get a lot of tire kickers and spam so calling someone personally, which I would prefer, gives them an idea of how serious the buyer is.
Having said that when I was getting quotes on the tractor I wanted last year all the quotes which had a breakdown of options were in email. I did this to compare and make a better decision.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #196  
I'm guessing that dealers get a lot of tire kickers and spam so calling someone personally, which I would prefer, gives them an idea of how serious the buyer is.
Having said that when I was getting quotes on the tractor I wanted last year all the quotes which had a breakdown of options were in email. I did this to compare and make a better decision.
I disagree. If they can get you to jump threw some hoop, like "call for the price" then you've done something they feel increases the chance of a sale.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows
I disagree. If they can get you to jump threw some hoop, like "call for the price" then you've done something they feel increases the chance of a sale.
I don't get what their end game is. If you call for the price and the price isn't right and they don't want to come off the price then the exchange is over with. All this could be done much quicker in a email instead of wasting time on a phone call.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #198  
I don't get what their end game is. If you call for the price and the price isn't right and they don't want to come off the price then the exchange is over with. All this could be done much quicker in a email instead of wasting time on a phone call.
Add to that the fact that a quote via email is exactly that, a quote. A price over the phone is not the same as walking in with a piece of paper on their letterhead. Prices often change more quickly than quotes.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #199  
I am guessing that everyone is speaking their own truth. I would love to hear from a few dealers just how many emails/day they receive. If it is just a few, they absolutely should reply. If it is a blizzard, they should find a tool like Salesforce to to do some sort of auto respond to many (teenage boys with an obsession with tractors for example).

I once read an article about 2 brothers who built a successful auto parts distribution business, but it was consuming all their time. Their wives gave them an ultimatum, either scale back, or we're gone. So they analyzed their customer base, identified their "high maintenance" customers, and "fired" 25% of them. They sent them letters, thanked them for their business, gave them referrals to three of their competitors, and wished them well. The next year, their profit increased.

Some customers consume more energy than they are worth.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #200  
I am guessing that everyone is speaking their own truth. I would love to hear from a few dealers just how many emails/day they receive. If it is just a few, they absolutely should reply. If it is a blizzard, they should find a tool like Salesforce to to do some sort of auto respond to many (teenage boys with an obsession with tractors for example).

I once read an article about 2 brothers who built a successful auto parts distribution business, but it was consuming all their time. Their wives gave them an ultimatum, either scale back, or we're gone. So they analyzed their customer base, identified their "high maintenance" customers, and "fired" 25% of them. They sent them letters, thanked them for their business, gave them referrals to three of their competitors, and wished them well. The next year, their profit increased.

Some customers consume more energy than they are worth.
Sounds like their wives were more energy than they were worth.