Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #201  
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #203  
I once read an article about 2 brothers who built a successful auto parts distribution business, but it was consuming all their time. Their wives gave them an ultimatum, either scale back, or we're gone. So they analyzed their customer base, identified their "high maintenance" customers, and "fired" 25% of them. They sent them letters, thanked them for their business, gave them referrals to three of their competitors, and wished them well. The next year, their profit increased.

Some customers consume more energy than they are worth.
I have fired some 'high maintenance' customers. And I was better off because I did

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #204  
I'm looking to lease a piece of equipment for an upcoming job from this company. https://www.sidekickusa.com/
I asked information via the 'contact us' link on their website. After about 24 hours I did not get a response, so I called the number listed for their marketing manager. I left him a voicemail earlier today.

Let's see how long it takes to get a response.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #205  
Some customers consume more energy than they are worth.
Some do consume more time than others, but you never know when that customer will dip deeper to keep your business.
Our family has a hardware/building supply operation. One guy was not a model employee but he was very likable. He would spend all kinds of time helping customers find that one screw, one nut or w/e just right item. One of his repeat customers came in one day and asked about pricing a house package. He insisted that his favorite helper be part of the deal. Turns out he didnt want one house package, he was building ten.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #206  
I'm looking to lease a piece of equipment for an upcoming job from this company. https://www.sidekickusa.com/
I asked information via the 'contact us' link on their website. After about 24 hours I did not get a response, so I called the number listed for their marketing manager. I left him a voicemail earlier today.

Let's see how long it takes to get a response.
Good luck, I thought I wanted an LS but apparently the MT352/357pc cab models are unobtainium. Looks like Ill be buying a Kubota instead.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #207  
I have fired some 'high maintenance' customers. And I was better off because I did

Its true.
Had a large field mowing customer. Very wealthy younger guy.
Show up to mow property and at the entrance gate to field would be 4 Alpaca and 5 goats ready to bolt as soon as you open the gate. Finish mowing and same thing when you leave.

Send invoice for mowing via email-no response.
Send text that your invoice is overdue- no response.
Call about overdue invoice and goes to voice mail.
Then he would pay me for 3 mowings 3 months later.

Not worth the stress of animals escaping and the waiting to get paid.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #208  
Email works great for lengthy purchase inquiries where documentation is helpful.
Voice and in-person works great for taking the information provided and presenting it to the customer in a way that they feel comfortable in their purchase.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #209