??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ???

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #21  
Yes, there's one, the 2305 24hp. There are several BX models to choose from depending on how much HP you want.

There is also the MF 2XXX series.
JD only builds one model
MF has 2 models
Kubot sells as many models as JD and MF put together.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #22  
Do they (JD) sell a tractor comparable to the BX?
Yes the JD 2305 is comparable to the BX2000 series.
MF 2000 series is also comparable to the BX2000 series.
Kubota Built the BX1500 and now the BX1850.
There is no one else building anything comparable to the BX1500 and BX1850.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #23  
Wow maybe I missed the boat all together?

What is the significant difference between the B and the BX series?
1*Is it increase in size and price?
2*Is the the B as nimble as the BX..I thought they were the same except size?

MC
1*B is bigger
2*Not to me .

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ???
Yes the JD 2305 is comparable to the BX2000 series.
MF 2000 series is also comparable to the BX2000 series.
Kubota Built the BX1500 and now the BX1850.
There is no one else building anything comparable to the BX1500 and BX1850.

Right...I need to check MF out next. I'm hoping they compare well to the JD and Kubota. I really like the financing htey have but hope they don't gouge me in the price. What would be a good price with FEL and MMM?

They are right in town too but I don't see many (other than farmers) owning MF.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #25  
If you are looking at the JD2320, why not look at the Kubota B 2620? It has more HP, 3 range tranny and can be had for less than the 2320. You could even get a B2320 for with loader and MMM for the price of that BX. The BX only compares to the 2305 sized Deere. If it were me, I would look more strongly at the B series over the BX series.
*This is just a personal opinion, but I look at a BX sized machine as a glorified riding mower.
The B series is more along the lines of a "tractor".
*Foggy vision.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #27  
*Foggy vision.
I know LB...there just to small for me for the price. I know the are very capable machines and would probably have one in my garage if I could afford a second tractor.

I'll be down your way LB in a couple of weeks. I always get all of my garden plants at the Greenleaf greenhouse. There stuff is has always done the best for me.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #28  
...Background: I have 9 acres of land and mow about 3+ acres. The land is mostly flat with a few hills and slopes. I have a 1/4 mile long gravel driveway which I plan to grade and clear seasonally. I will use the tractor for mowing, grading driveway, snow removal and some yard grading...

...should I go bigger?...

Welcome MC!

You might go bigger. At least check it out. For me on my 10 acres, I really didn't want to go below 25 HP even though it could work. Don't just think about the uses for your tractor you mentioned above. Think ahead about the possibilities of more Attachments that you might acquire in the future. And, will your tractor be the right size/power to run them?

Search Attachments here, on web and go out and see Attachments on the lot, visit neighbors, just to see what's out there. You'll be surprised how much more you can do with a tractor than you originally thought.

Tractoring is all about the Attachments that you have and are gonna have, so you want to make sure your tractor can hadle them. Just my 2 cents.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #29  
What he said ^ My recommendation is the B2620 with MMM and FEL with loaded R4s.

/ ??? Comparing New Compact Tractors ??? #30  
MC,

Is your mind set on a MMM? Have you considered a 3PT Finish Mower?

I believe a 3PT Finish Mower is less expensive, easier to hook up/attach, and easier to maintain. "It can even be better for some things like backing up to mow ditch banks etc..."

As you have other uses for your tractor, the MMM's low clearance might get in the way and taking it off and on is sure harder than with a 3PT Finish Mower.

Just trying to give you options. And here's link that shows MANY different attachments, in case you haven't already viewed it.

Everything Attachments - 3 Point Hitch Attachments, Tractor Attachments, Skid Steer Attachments

Some good videos (Video library - bottom left in yellow) in there that show uses and connections.