Comparing the orange forums to the green forums.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #21  
Haha!! Know why I bought a Kubota? Cause my Dad always wanted one and never got the opportunity to get one before he passed away. So there! :p

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #22  
Greetings,
Had lots of different tractors in my time....
Still have the old IH 424.
Most of the Deere's I've had weren't green anyway, they were yellow.....
Why did I buy a Kubota?
Simply, it fit exactly what I wanted to do with it - while price was a consideration, fitting the purpose intended did it for me.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #23  
MOPAULY said:
I also wouldn't try to defend JD stuff in the Kubota forums :D

I like a challenge

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #24  
milkman said:
I can't see that this thread has any merit at all. Comes across as a puff out your chest, look down your nose at others, just to get comments, nothing at all to do with "owning and operating".

I get quite a laugh out of threads like this one. Some people really show their ignorance. And, yes, I'll say that boldly. Wanna know why? I happen to own each and have owned several of each. For someone to make blanket statements such as "a John Deere is just a Japanese tractor painted green and marked up more" only shows what a complete fool they are! My Kubota is just fine, thank you. What a shock, so is my far larger John Deere! :eek: And, please sit down, my John Deere was most definitely NOT made in Japan!! Not that there is anything wrong with the JD tractors made in Japan, but only a small percentage of the total John Deere lineup is made in Japan. Gees, what a hoot this thread!! I could swear that I'm in a different orange thread and reading about some "well seasoned" and "experienced" owner of a certain orange tractor who is proclaiming that it is the absolute best in the world, will outperform all others, is the ultimate in reliability bla, bla, bla, and it has 150 hours on it now. ROFL Where I live, you have a "new" tractor if you have less than 8000 or 10,000 hours on it!

I better go before someone gets their feelings hurt... :cool:

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #25  
Dargo said:
I get quite a laugh out of threads like this one. Some people really show their ignorance. And, yes, I'll say that boldly.
Thank God we have YOU to straighten us out! I'm feeling so much more enlightened already.
Dargo said:
For someone to make blanket statements such as "a John Deere is just a Japanese tractor painted green and marked up more" only shows what a complete fool they are!
As much a complete fool as a person who reads what was written and thinks the posters were saying all "John Deeres are made in Japan". No, but in the 20-30 HP range, which applies to most of the participants I see here more so than any other single group (myself included), yeah it's going to be a Yanmar painted green with JD stickers.
Dargo said:
My Kubota is just fine, thank you. What a shock, so is my far larger John Deere! :eek: And, please sit down, my John Deere was most definitely NOT made in Japan!!
I for one am not shocked that a "far larger" JD was not made in Japan. Congratulations.
Dargo said:
...but only a small percentage of the total John Deere lineup is made in Japan
Now...er...um... would that be a small percentage of the lineup or a large percentage of SALES? That including other JD's with just Yanmar engines, or no?
A Kubota owner'd have to be mentally challenged to bash a JD for being made in Japan, nor is anyone bashing Deere period. I think the point was, two comparable tractors sitting side by side, one orange one green, both made in Japan, green one costs significantly more for no apparent reason...except... wait.... it's those STICKERS! Gotta be! <sigh>

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #26  
This reminds me of growing up around Ford "men" and Chevy "men".

For decades, men measured themselves against others by the autos they drove. They were die-hards. They only owned Chevy, or they only owned Ford, or only owned Mopar. Along came the 2 fuel crisis' in the 70's, and wham, everyone changed their tune. Sure, they treid pintos and vegas, but plenty of datsuns and toyotas ended up on on neghborhood steets.

Well, as a good friend of mine has concluded, if we didn't start buying more efficient, higher quality japanese cars, we'd all be driving crappy Chrysler 'K' cars right now. What he meant, was, it made the big 3 US car manufacturers get off their fat butts and start innovating & retooling.

Competition is a good thing. Like it or not, it's a global market and we need Amercian to do well, but, they aren't going to do well, simply by everyone buying their products, solely on the fact they are "made in America".

In the case of tractors, especially compacts, Kubota made Ford (New Holland) and John Deere stand-up and take notice.

For that, the Blue and Green tractors are better machines than they would have been without the additional competitive pressures.

I had a Ford 1210 gear shifter for 18 years. I looked at New Holland, and I looked at Deere, and I looked at Kubotas. Made my own rational choice based on needs, finances, and what each brand had to offer.

If 100,000 people make the same choice I did, then the other two companies may need to do something to better compete, likewise, if 100,000 people get the same green or blue machines, then it will make orange have to react.

Bottom-line is that the consumer wins due to competition.

If there were only Deere and New Holland, we would have somehow lost something along the way, and tractors wouldn't be quite as evolved as they are now. Without competition, progress to make changes are very slow.

Oh by the way, for all us Orange and Green and Blue guys, here come the Chinese tractors, like it or not, they are gonna change the industry over the next 5 to 10 years.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #27  
Nice post, good points. Thanks for restoring a measure of intelligence to the discussion.

SkunkWerX said:
... we'd all be driving crappy Chrysler 'K' cars right now.
I just threw up in my mouth...a little...thanks. Great, now there'll be some K-car worshipper grinding up his axe...

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #28  
ere come the Chinese tractors, like it or not, they are gonna change the industry over the next 5 to 10 years.

Don't count on that. The Hangzhou tires recalling an estimated 450,000 light truck tires joined with tainted pet food, lead-coated children's toys and toxic toothpaste as some of the latest Chinese imports deemed hazardous to American consumers.

According to the New York Times, Chinese products now account for 60 percent of all product recalls today.

Where do I sign up for a tractor - perhaps we can increase the recall percentage to a whopping 75%.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #29  
DiezNutz said:
I think the point was, two comparable tractors sitting side by side, one orange one green, both made in Japan, green one costs significantly more for no apparent reason...except... wait.... it's those STICKERS! Gotta be! <sigh>

ROFL!!! Now somebody is showing something again!! Sorry nutz, many people here own both and generally put up with gloating of newbies, but sometimes some people really step in it. Your sarcastic attitude shows that the truth hit a rather sour note with you. Please, since you seem to have taken the obvious attitude that you are all knowing since you have a Kubota, please tell us all how your believe that a large percentage of the entire John Deere lineup is made in Japan. To even remotely prove any of your point be sure to include the country of origin of the hundred or more JD products and show us how they are mostly green Japanese products. C'mon now, don't back out on us now; you challanged my assertion that only a small percentage of, and I quote, "the total John Deere lineup" is made in Japan.

Don't forget now, I have a Kubota, almost as nice as your 3030, sitting behind my 14'X52' trailer!

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #30  
I like the truck comparison, if you could have a F250 body, a cummings engine, and allison trany... wow, but not going to happen. Both tractors are fine machines, some people view JD like Harley. Ya know "would you fly JD or Kubota". Well both are machines and can break. I looked at numerous tractors and the dealer I purchased from sold blue and orange. One selling point for me was Kubota makes the tractor. (period) Clay