Comparing the orange forums to the green forums.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #31  
GA WTDeer said:
One selling point for me was Kubota makes the tractor. (period) Clay

I do have to admit that a neighbor got me on that one. I said what you said and he walked over and asked me why the hydraulic fittings on my Kubota loader say "China" on them. Hmm, bummer, was all I could say. :eek:

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #32  
Kendall69 said:
Don't count on that. The Hangzhou tires recalling an estimated 450,000 light truck tires joined with tainted pet food, lead-coated children's toys and toxic toothpaste as some of the latest Chinese imports deemed hazardous to American consumers.

According to the New York Times, Chinese products now account for 60 percent of all product recalls today.

Where do I sign up for a tractor - perhaps we can increase the recall percentage to a whopping 75%.

Kendall, I agree with your point here in the present, but now take it the next step....
China MUST sell it's products in the US, we are their biggest richest market, so, the recalls will only make them re-double their efforts, and their next line of products, in yearsto come, will be safer, better, and higher quality.
It's how it works.

Look at history, the first Japanese cars shipped here were total crap, thin cheap rusting steel tin cans, underpowered, with no amenities. Fast-Forward a decade, they were eating the Big 3's lunch. Americans, at the time, said the very same thing we are all saying now about China, "Those japs will always make inferior products". I remember it like it was yesterday.

I will submit, the more recalls, the better they will learn to be in the future, their economy depends on it.

The Koreans and the Taiwanese did to Japan what Japan did to the US, now the Japanese are driving more affordable Korean KIAs.

With China, there is India on their heels.

It's a mixed up world out there, but, be rest assured, it may not happen next year, or the year after, but China is going to the manufacturers for the world, they have a labor force no one can match.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #33  
I think it's 6 or half a dozen. Kubota is real good but they stick with small tractors and I don't think they are going to change much. When you stick with one market you're going to be good. JD makes big machinery too, not just compacts. Kubota has always been small because farms in Japan average three acres. (why have a big tractor?) American farms are (what is the average size american farm anyway?) JD said why be small and never were until compacts got popular so JD is really giving Kubota the competition and not the other way around because Kubota has no market past 105 horse. JD makes the big tractors, bailers, combines, back hoes and bulldozers here and hope it stays that way. I was all ready to hand over a check for a JD 4110 when the dealer said you can get a Kubota 7510 for 2,300 dollars less and they are almost exactly the same tractor. I took the Bota. If prices were equal I'd have the JD cause dealers are everywhere. My dealer sells both and they said JD has more problems but parts are easier to get and a little cheaper.Botas break less but parts are more and sometimes take longer to get. I quietly asked two mechanics at different times that service both and they said they never noticed any difference in quality overall. They may have been trying to stay neutral on a tight subject with JD logos everywhere. I don't know. Also, Botas are not all Japanese neither, tires and other parts are made here. I think there are six Kubota assembly plants in America. With JD I'm sure you pay a little for the name and marketing, you don't pay for that with Kubotas because they need to be cheaper or else guys like me would have bought JOHN DEERE and they know it.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #34  
Dargo said:
I do have to admit that a neighbor got me on that one. I said what you said and he walked over and asked me why the hydraulic fittings on my Kubota loader say "China" on them. Hmm, bummer, was all I could say. :eek:
Yea pealed the sticker off the gear box SQ160 I just bought. What did it say "made in _____!!!" Rats foiled again......But I'm sure Kubota doesn't forge there grease fittings either CLay

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #35  
Dargo said:
ROFL!!! Now somebody is showing something again!! Sorry nutz, many people here own both and generally put up with gloating of newbies, but sometimes some people really step in it. Your sarcastic attitude shows that the truth hit a rather sour note with you. Please, since you seem to have taken the obvious attitude that you are all knowing since you have a Kubota, please tell us all how your believe that a large percentage of the entire John Deere lineup is made in Japan. To even remotely prove any of your point be sure to include the country of origin of the hundred or more JD products and show us how they are mostly green Japanese products. C'mon now, don't back out on us now; you challanged my assertion that only a small percentage of, and I quote, "the total John Deere lineup" is made in Japan.

Don't forget now, I have a Kubota, almost as nice as your 3030, sitting behind my 14'X52' trailer!

Dargo - I don't think you get it. The problem with John Deere...is that they advertise themselves as a slice of Americana....as though I should have a JD in the garage next to my mostly made in the USA Harley; and I should buy it just because it's made here.....I tire of the arrogance of that line of thinking.

I don't know how many Deere products are made overseas.....but I do know some are, at least in the components of the tractor. The bottom line is the same....why am I supposed to pay more for the tractor based on it's color and brand name? If indeed it may be no better then the competitor that openly is made overseas. Every time I've stepped into a JD dealer they barely give you the time of day....and I'm supposed to buy there somewhat made in the USA and more expensive product as well? I don't think so.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #36  
Dargo said:
ROFL!!! Now somebody is showing something again!! Sorry nutz, many people here own both and generally put up with gloating of newbies, but sometimes some people really step in it.
Gloating? Tell me what it is that I'm allegedly gloating about, cause I sure don't know myself? I bet you also think I'm anti-Deere...wrong! Deere was actually my first choice, but like I said it was about the value.
Newbie? Well Old Sage, looks like you've been on TBN for about two years longer than I ... geez, guys like Bird must think we're babes in the woods. Regardless, for anyone to define the entire scope of either of our knowledges, experiences, and past histories by how long we've been a member of a forum and/or the number of posts we've contributed, would be entirely ignorant on their part. Lot of old (and not so old) farmers out there I bet never even heard of TBN, how tractor-dumb they must be!
Dargo said:
...since you seem to have taken the obvious attitude that you are all knowing since you have a Kubota, please tell us all how your believe that a large percentage of the entire John Deere lineup is made in Japan.
Learn to read. I never in fact said the things you're so quick to accuse, the way you distort them. The statement I made was that for MY particular tractor, MY comparable choice in a JD would've been a Yanmar painted green, and was more a commentary on the disenfranchised feeling of the "impostor" tractor coupled with the JW's insinuation that somehow the Kubota was less worthy.
Dargo said:
you challanged my assertion that only a small percentage of, and I quote, "the total John Deere lineup" is made in Japan.
Again, take your time, sound out the words if you need to, we'll wait. I challenged your implication that the *number* of Yanmar and Yanmar-powered products SOLD by JD is an insignificant number, especially as relates to this forum (I don't see an overwhelming number of threads titled "Which combine should I buy?"). Hey you made an assertion of your own there without any facts or proof to support it, so let's see, you do your white paper on the Deere product lineup, and I'll do mine on units sold, and we'll both post them here so everyone can compare notes. Whatever.

Dargo said:
Don't forget now, I have a Kubota, almost as nice as your 3030, sitting behind my 14'X52' trailer!
I haven't... I got that the very first time. Reading Comprehension, they called it in school.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #37  
ihookem said:
IAlso, Botas are not all Japanese neither, tires and other parts are made here. I think there are six Kubota assembly plants in America.
Good point. Many orange implements made/assembled here also.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #38  
DiezNutz said:
Good point. Many orange implements made/assembled here also.

This is true. Last I heard 40% of the serial numbered units where made in the USA. Now all of those have Japanese engines and trannys. No one building compacts does that here. Everyone one of the 70,000+ RTV's that have been sold where built here. Those same plants are building the units for the EU and Australia as well. I've been to the factory, its amazing.
I don't think you get it. The problem with John Deere...is that they advertise themselves as a slice of Americana....as though I should have a JD in the garage next to my mostly made in the USA Harley; and I should buy it just because it's made here.....I tire of the arrogance of that line of thinking.

I think that hits the nail on the head. Many of Kubota's machines are every bit as American made as Deere's are, in fact some are more. There is definitely a level of misrepresentation going on.

Your very right about the arrogance. The dealers talk about Deere being arrogant that all the time. The AEM does surveys of the relationship between the manufacturer and the dealer and Deere has consistently scored the worst out of all the major companies.

I don't mean to be a prick, every company has its faults, including those that I represent daily. Marketing is a real pet peave of mine... my wife does it for a living.

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #39  
It's fine for what we look at today! Our company has tried to supply the best in service and in parts for over sixty years. It has been fun and interesting, we've seen venders to us change by the whim as to the lines they carry!

The wholesaler that a dealer works with might not be there any more and you might find out the importer lost his license! We were just going to order filters and the parts for a few customers that needed some replacement parts! Where do we go now????

We've chased parts replacement for machines we sold long after the company we bought them from is gone. I've been involved many times chasing down importers to find parts for someone to keep there bargin going! What do we owe this pleasure too!!!!

I can say that on the front I can talk three brands of compacts but yet have names that total eight!!!!!!

I'm gong to stir a pot here and you can take it any way you want but the Kubota is the honda,nissan or toyota, the true john deere(not yanmar as I rate them higher in overall quality) is the british(electric problems for years) and the nh/cih is the european. Cub Cadet has marketed several different makes or brands of compacts with varing quality.

The biggest thing is how big of a hoop do I have to jump through in twenty years to keep your buisness?? I would like to keep it, I do appreciate your business. Maybe when you walk in for parts I should just tell you it's really time to trade your prize compact!!!! Let's not be centimental, as if you are unlucky you might hear this after just five years or less!!!

I'll try to make this as condensed as possible but who has the most firsts here, who was the first to give you an air conditioned factory cab? A commercial duty mini TLB. A power shift transmission in a compact! A flat deck operator platform(I remember bumping knee caps)and there is more. Kubota sets the standard and the trends.

I've said it before and there is no one machine that is right for every one!

I know from my seat, and phone, what I'd rather sell! It's not good for my shop or my parts business but it makes keeping people happy real easy!!!!!

I deal directly with kubota with no one else in between and they have a good presence here in the usa!

/ Comparing the orange forums to the green forums. #40  
The original message wasn't really a Kubota vs JD bash. The main point was that, if one was to compare the forums, it appears that Kubota owners are more contented than JD owners. I dont know if thats true, I don't read the JD forums, but it would be interesting to know, from a complete outsiders perpective, whether thats a fair impression or not.