Connect PTO shaft using pin or bolt?

/ Connect PTO shaft using pin or bolt? #31  
Or maybe purchase a few more grease cartridges and keep pumping!:D

/ Connect PTO shaft using pin or bolt?
If I were you, I'd throw the mower in with the tractor at auction. These are 2 headaches caused by inattention, carelessness and abuse. Just like a bad marriage, its time to swallow your pride and cut it loose. Too many "in-law" references. Buy something else and don't loan it out to anyone or let them even watch you run the machinery. Neither a borrower nor a lender be, with emphasis on "lender"....

These were both bought at auction (the buyer wasn't very aware :()

One thing that would probably happen if we did that is the same buyer would use the same mentality and make the same type of conceptual mistakes...

In other words, I personally, would just as soon, keep what we've got, quantify the problem(s) and fix them instead of dumping them off, buying something else that might have same or other problems and in essence, keep chasing my/our tail for the sake of "saving" some money.

There's no way my FIL will go to a dealer and buy something new/used...just not going to happen.... Not only is he too cheap, he's nervous about the economy like everyone else. If the economy was doing well, he'd still be too cheap (said with affection) to do it.

He'd rather find the lowest cost provider of the machine.... and that usually means bottom dwelling and THAT (to me) usually means troubles.

So, unless we can change his philosophical approach from the start, it's just another accident waiting to happen.

/ Connect PTO shaft using pin or bolt? #33  
Actually.. you've just got to buy a better grade of junk! ;)

soundguy

/ Connect PTO shaft using pin or bolt?