Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #1  

RBlood

Tractor
LS M125 2022
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am new to this forum. I have just purchased a new LS M -125 tractor with a loader and backhoe. I want to install a top like for my box blade. Once I removed the backhoe I have three lines. One of those lines gets reconnected back to a another line that was disconnected for the backhoe. I believe this line is called the power beyond line. My question is how do I make use of these lines to connect to a control valve for a top link? I have not yet purchased the control or the ram.
Screenshot (871).png

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #2  
It's pretty complicated but simple at the same time..... You will have to get an open center valve block so that the power beyond "flows through" completing the circuit. You will also need to get the hoses/ fittings, and a place to mount them that would be convenient to operate.

When I had my MT125, I priced out the factory kit and buying the individual parts. The kit makes it very easy to do, but costs twice as much (that was 3 years ago). Not sure what the kit costs now... did you call a dealer?

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #3  
Do you have to drop the backhoe sub frame to attach your 3 point arms.
Is that a hydraulic filter I see on the lower left next to the tire?

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link
It's pretty complicated but simple at the same time..... You will have to get an open center valve block so that the power beyond "flows through" completing the circuit. You will also need to get the hoses/ fittings, and a place to mount them that would be convenient to operate.

When I had my MT125, I priced out the factory kit and buying the individual parts. The kit makes it very easy to do, but costs twice as much (that was 3 years ago). Not sure what the kit costs now... did you call a dealer?
No I haven't yet. I want to get the parts and do myself at a lesser cost.

Do you have to drop the backhoe sub frame to attach your 3 point arms.
Is that a hydraulic filter I see on the lower left next to the tire?
I don't think I have to remove the subframe to attach 3 point brackets. Yes that is the filter. The 3 hydraulic lines that I need are there to connect to the backhoe.

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #6  
On my John Deere I bought an open center spool valve and mounted it on right side on arm rest cover beside PTO switch. Hoses I measured and had a local NAPA store make with ends I needed. The power beyond I just unplug and plug into the valve. Other valve hoses go to top link.
I got a grapple and plumbed that in with solenoid valve and switch on joystick handle.
Those hoses zip tied to brush guard.
20211021_153816.jpg

Attachments

• 20211021_153816.jpg
    20211021_153816.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 73
   / Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #7  
@LS Tractor Owner phrased it well - it is quite simple once you understand some of the principles.

This thread helped me: Alternative 3rd function? what you're doing is identical to putting a mechanically valved 3rd function for a grapple.

you'll need the open center valve. After configuring it correctly you'll have 4 holes: two for the cylinder, one for the input from your power beyond circuit, the other completing the power beyond cicuit, just like the hose you mention did before.

I think the only complex thing to understand here is working your way through the numerous valve variations. The key thing is "return to tank" cavities in the valve, which is unpressurized, and power beyond flow cavities, which IS pressurized. Often these share the same physical hole in the valve block, and a special plug/adapter screws in to isolate the two, allowing the (single) hole/port to be pressurized. As here: power beyond flow to 3rd function valve - before vs after the rear-remotes valve?

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #8  
the only other detail to check is overpressure:

when you fully-open your new valve for the TnT cylinder, you'll be fully diverting flow from the power beyond "loop", through the cylinder. Pressure builds, cylinder starts moving as intended. Eventually, the cylinder tops/bottoms out ... at this point, pressure continues building, as your cylinder is 'blocking' the flow path.

This is the expected use, and the exact purpose of the Over Pressure valves. Exact same thing as if you hold curl on your FEL - eventually, it'll complete it's range of motion and you'll here the "whining" sound. That's the OP valve inside your FEL valve, keeping the pressure from going above the system max by "shunting" flow away from the normal circuit, to tank (an unpressurized return).

I would _expect_ that exposed PB loop here is "covered" by an OP valve. But you should verify. You could consult the specs, but this condition is the same as if you simply don't connect that "short circuit" hose while the rear remotes (your backhoe 'ports') are selected. There is no where for the fluid to go, it just gets OP'd off to tank.

If somehow there is no OP covering your TnT cylinder used this way, you'd have to makd sure your valve had one (and have a 5th port, unpressurized return to tank). But I have a hard time imagining there is not already an OP valve covering that condition.

I don't think I have to remove the subframe to attach 3 point brackets. Yes that is the filter. The 3 hydraulic lines that I need are there to connect to the top link control valve.
On my John Deere I bought an open center spool valve and mounted it on right side on arm rest cover beside PTO switch. Hoses I measured and had a local NAPA store make with ends I needed. The power beyond I just unplug and plug into the valve. Other valve hoses go to top link.
I got a grapple and plumbed that in with solenoid valve and switch on joystick handle.
Those hoses zip tied to brush guard.View attachment 743524
How many lines connect to the open center valve that you installed?

/ Connecting hydraulics to a control valve for a top link #10  
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am new to this forum. I have just purchased a new LS M -125 tractor with a loader and backhoe. I want to install a top like for my box blade. Once I removed the backhoe I have three lines. One of those lines gets reconnected back to a another line that was disconnected for the backhoe. I believe this line is called the power beyond line. My question is how do I make use of these lines to connect to a control valve for a top link? I have not yet purchased the control or the ram.View attachment 743313
I'm new hear and I'm getting ready to do this to my New Holland WorkMaster 25S with the OEM kit, but I'm going to modify the kits hoses for quick connect hose ends like the back hoe uses.