CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE.

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #21  
JUST GETTING BACK TO THIS THREAD after a few day gone, supose u are right , but wonder why with a tractor it is the buyers responsibility to get the machine back to dealer? if u buy a car and it craps out 30 min. from when u picked it up, the dealer would come and get it. and some of these tractors cost more than a car.

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #22  
Re: CONSIDER SERVICE/Dangers of withholding paymnt

Maybe I can be even a little more emphatic about what's been said about withholding payments. If you don't make your monthly payments you're credit rating will be impacted negatively. No ifs, ands, buts or maybes. The purchase of the tractor and the extension of credit to finance some portion of the purchase are two distinctly separate transactions, with the creditor (NH Credit) granting credit to you based on your past credit history and current ability to repay. No where in your finance agreement will you find any reference to the dealer or manufacturer having to live up to some warranty or implied warranty performance before you have to make your monthly payments. No matter who the creditor is, withholding payment from them for any reason is a violation of the contract they entered into faithfully with you. Withhold two or three payments and in all probability you'll be the "former" owner of the tractor. Even if you put the amount of the payment in an escrow account, you have violated the terms of the finance contract you signed. Even if you withhold payments for 2-3 months and then repay just before someone comes to repo the tractor, your credit rating WILL be damaged since you did not make the payments as agreed.

I work for one of the Big 3 finance captives and have intimate understanding of the type of situation you're caught in. Withholding payment from the creditor because of a service issue with a dealer is not going to help anyone, and most probably will hurt you. All you're going to do is keep the folks in the collections department busy until they order the unit to be repossessed. Keep up on your payments and try to work another solution with the dealer and the manufacturer.

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #23  
Hi Woodbeef: pretty far down on the list-but at least you'd be ON a list! I agree with you best to take care of your stuff yourself if possible-that's why I'm getting complete set of service manuals and a parts manual with my TC40-with a parts manual I know I can get somebody to order me parts. Should I write in Korean or Hindu (or whatever language) to order parts? I saw a Zetor once at the state fair and was really impressed . . . but never was able to operate one/look something over on a lot, etc (at least with that, I could find someone to write in Czech). The Mahindra dealer is owned by Cummins Engine! . . . so long as the one salesguy is there & cummins continues to carry them I believe I would have gotton A-1 service, but what if Mahindra goes belly up (at least in the US-they'll probably always be around in India)? I do agree with you though a good tractor is the best. You've probably got more Euro dealers in Canada-certainly more than we have around here. The choice around here is NH, Case (same thing), Deere and the Asian imports. Anyway, take care. John

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #24  
I agree with you guys on taking care of your own tractor. That is why I do not like the hydro's and the newer JD's with computers.

I believe a tractor should be simple to be able to maintain / repair it properly and cheaply. Also years down the road I may not be able to get the computer modules any more or they will be quite expensive. I would hate to pay 1k for a computer when that is all that is wrong with the tractor, but may be 1/2 of its book value. However I can always get a machine shop to make me a mechanical part if all else fails.

btw, Grimreaper, some of the Mahindra's are made in Korea.

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #25  
slowrev: right on. compact Mahindras made in korea-others in India. after my post remembered I do know an indian guy who manufacturers computers (all 8 of mine I bought from him) & goes back regularly . . . so, I guess he could pick up parts for me if needed - ha . . . you are right about replacing chips. You can get a machine shop to turn a part, but there's no way to reproduce a chip. simplicity (& quality build) still have value. you're from central KY - best BBQ mutton in US in owensboro - been going to moonlight inn since the early 50s. take care. John

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #26  
Thanks John, I am from eastern central KY, ie Winchester. Don't make it over to Owensboro too often but will check out the moonlight inn next time I am over that way.
Ben

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #27  
Re: CONSIDER SERVICE/Dangers of withholding paymnt

bpence, I am not sure if this applies to tractors but in Massachusetts when the dealer arranges financing you can withhold payments after notifying in writing of the problem with auto or truck. Bill C

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE.
LATEST UPDATE: First of all, I want to thank all who responded.

After exhausting efforts through the dealer (Two previous trips), and HN Customer Service, I sent a registered letter to NH Credit informing them that payments have stopped until we are able to resolve my TC35D warranty tractor issues. Those issues were:
1. Hydrostatic pedal spot welds. (past post on TBN)
2. Small leak under tractor
3. Tractor not warming in cold temps. (posts on TBN)
4. Instrument panel fog. (posts on TBN)

I also had a two hour meeting with the owner of the dealership where I discussed all the issues and presented printed information of the HST PEDAL problem and cooling problem.

I guess the combination of actions change the whole situation.

Monday the dealer picked up the tractor, gave me a loaner, and agreed to address ALL of the issues that I had with the tractor. Previously their position was that if the HST PEDAL was not actually broken, and there was no recall, they would not replace or improve it.

They delivered my tractor yesterday with the cooling problem fixed, HST PEDAL replaced, new instrument panel etc...

It's just too bad you need to fight with people to get the service that you should be getting for your $20,000.00 investment.

/ CONSIDER SERVICE BEFORE BUYING BLUE. #29  
Glad to hear your problems have finally been worked out. It is a shame that we sometimes have to jump, scream, and generally raise hell to get someone to do the job they were supposed to do in the first place.