Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #11  
Depends on local laws , but in Maryland you would have to register as a tow truck
Are equipment delivery trucks registered as tow trucks?

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #13  
Are equipment delivery trucks registered as tow trucks?
I would think the difference is that a tow truck is hauling other people's vehicles, where as a delivery truck is either bringing rental equipment or something they just sold. A subtle difference, but a little farther apart than a taxi vs an uber.

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #14  
All of them, or just the ones resistered legally?
As I understand it, a tow truck endorsement is only needed if you tow cars, from the NY MV14 handout:
https://dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv14.pdf said:
Terms explained in this chapter: tow truck; gross combination weight rating (GCWR).
Section 148(b) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law defines a tow truck as “[a] motor vehicle that tows or carries a disabled,
illegally parked or abandoned motor vehicle or a motor vehicle involved in an accident.” As of January 22, 1995, the law
requires that a tow truck driver have a special endorsement ("W") on his or her driver license in order to drive a tow truck.

So, if you aren't planning on towing disabled,
illegally parked or abandoned motor vehicles or a motor vehicle involved in an accident from the side of the road, I don't think that you need to register it as a tow truck or get a tow truck endorsement.

Aaron Z

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #15  
As I understand it, a tow truck endorsement is only needed if you tow cars, from the NY MV14 handout:

So, if you aren't planning on towing disabled,
illegally pearked or abandoned motor vehicles or a motor vehicle involved in an accident from the side of the road, I don't think that you need to register it as a tow truck or get a tow truck endorsement.

Aaron Z
I’ll buy that.

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback
I don't understand. Your F 350 is a cab-chassis finished to a flat bed. Most ins. agents are lacking knowledge in truck configuration along with their "forms" they fill out. (no box to check) Tell them the roll back is a flat bed, it is.
We went from pulling trailers to a "hook lift" F750, yes that threw us into CDL's and prolly not worth it for personal use.
A roll back is one of those tools that once you have & use it, you'll wonder how you ever got by without one.

I have had two flat bed F350’s back to back, both the insurance company calls commercial trucks and refuse to insure them. So instead of using Allstate which is what majority of my house and stuff is with, I had to have State Farm cover my truck.

I can own a regular bed truck no probs but god forbid it’s a flatbed. Funny thing is, I had a 4x4 dually F350 with a dump bed on it, they covered that truck but won’t touch my flat bed 2wd lol.

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #17  
I have always thought it would great to find a cab wrecked roll-back and remove the front portion and make it a goose neck.
That would solve a lot of problems with registration. It's just a trailer!

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #18  
My insurance agent told me that the companies they deal with think of any vehicle with dual wheels as a commercial vehicle with the only exception was an RV. It wasn't a problem, it's just a different type of insurance. You really should talk with your agent and tell them what you are thinking and ask them for a quote.

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #19  
I have had two flat bed F350’s back to back, both the insurance company calls commercial trucks and refuse to insure them. So instead of using Allstate which is what majority of my house and stuff is with, I had to have State Farm cover my truck.

I can own a regular bed truck no probs but god forbid it’s a flatbed. Funny thing is, I had a 4x4 dually F350 with a dump bed on it, they covered that truck but won’t touch my flat bed 2wd lol.

I have state farm and they have been very good at covering everything we have. Try a different agent?

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback
I have state farm and they have been very good at covering everything we have. Try a different agent?

No other insurance company can touch what I pay for home owners and auto insurance, I get discounts threw work and can’t beat what I’m getting with them. State Farm was almost double on most stuff, they wanted like $1800 per year on just the motorcycle lmao, I think it was $20 a month with allstate.

They can insure my F350 flatbed as commercial, it would be $60 per month so I added my truck to my dads policy at $25 per month, same coverage. It’s not like I use the insurance anyway, I just have liability on everything.