Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #21  
Another instance of incredibly ignorant internet advise.

It’s called fraud. Getting a claim paid will be impossible.

Rick if your not moving cars all day long for a living, operating (loading) mainly on the shoulder of the road or at an accident scene's (as John stated personal farm use) and your particular insurance Co does not have a "box to check" for a "roll back", it is a flatbed. There is no inherent difference in risk between a flatbed and a r/b just driving down the road just because the bed can tilt down to the ground on one of them. In fact you might argue that improperly secured cargo on an open flatbed may be a bigger risk than the r/b. The ins. Co is looking for possible liabilities as a result of the truck's intended use and purpose for risk assessment and a corresponding rate to charge the policy holder. I have to insure my F450 through a different Company than all the other pickups because of the gvw or being a dump, don't remember which one was the reason. I don't lie, especially to the insurance guy, you are right about getting a claim paid. I also believe you have become a little paranoid after living in NY with massive over regulation for so long. Hopefully you'll eventually relax a little living in NC.

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #22  
Rick if your not moving cars all day long for a living, operating (loading) mainly on the shoulder of the road or at an accident scene's (as John stated personal farm use) and your particular insurance Co does not have a "box to check" for a "roll back", it is a flatbed. There is no inherent difference in risk between a flatbed and a r/b just driving down the road just because the bed can tilt down to the ground on one of them. In fact you might argue that improperly secured cargo on an open flatbed may be a bigger risk than the r/b. The ins. Co is looking for possible liabilities as a result of the truck's intended use and purpose for risk assessment and a corresponding rate to charge the policy holder. I have to insure my F450 through a different Company than all the other pickups because of the gvw or being a dump, don't remember which one was the reason. I don't lie, especially to the insurance guy, you are right about getting a claim paid. I also believe you have become a little paranoid after living in NY with massive over regulation for so long. Hopefully you'll eventually relax a little living in NC.

Aczlan pointed out the distinction for me. And yes, NC is somewhat more of a relaxed pace.

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #23  
I was talking to the owner of a large commercial stucco company last week and he is selling all his roll back trucks and converting to trailers because he can't get anyone with a CDL

/ Considering selling truck and trailer for rollback #24  
I was talking to the owner of a large commercial stucco company last week and he is selling all his roll back trucks and converting to trailers because he can't get anyone with a CDL

Must be pretty small trailers to not need a CDL.