Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins)

/ Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #11  
Yes we know what you are asking to do, what they are saying to do is get cat 1 to cat 2 bushings and cut to fit the width of the mounting surface the cat 2 holes are in, then you can use a standard cat 1 bolt on pin. This will bushing the hole from 1-1/8 down to 7/8 to fit the cat 1 pin.

/ Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #12  
Here is a tisco part number, if you want to try and order or find them local.

Attachments

• image-2240908840.jpg
    image-2240908840.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 302
   / Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins)
It is indeed. Thank you, had considered this solution but concern about shortening the bushing had me looking for a better option. I may make a jig and use hacksaw in an attempt to get a straight cut.

Here is a tisco part number, if you want to try and order or find them local.

Thank you Countrybumpkin,
Finally someone with the information I am looking for. Called Tisco, they referred me to dealers near me and I can order part. They are wholesale only, must buy from dealer. No dealer in area stocks part, but will order for me. Getting the part number and supplier is all I needed.

/ Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #15  
You may have to bolt them on with the pin facing in, so that your cat 1 lift arms will fit.

image-2240908840.jpg

/ Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #16  
Amazon has them of all places too

Thanks, called Tisco and found a dealer within 10 miles with the part on the shelf.

/ Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #18  
For other folks exploring this thread in the future, even more "radical" adaptations are available. My BushHog 286 came with HUGE pins (on the threaded end), but just Cat 1 for the pin itself. The threaded end is maybe 1-1/8" (Cat 3?). I have no idea where BushHog may have sourced these. Maybe Tisco?

Not a great photo, and it is after I installed the cat 1-cat 2 pin bushings for my quick hitch, but you can get an idea of the thread-end size (on the left). Those are 3/4" bolts on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_0191 (1024x1024).jpg
    IMG_0191 (1024x1024).jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 190
   / Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #19  
For other folks exploring this thread in the future, even more "radical" adaptations are available. My BushHog 286 came with HUGE pins (on the threaded end), but just Cat 1 for the pin itself. The threaded end is maybe 1-1/8" (Cat 3?). I have no idea where BushHog may have sourced these. Maybe Tisco? Not a great photo, and it is after I installed the cat 1-cat 2 pin bushings for my quick hitch, but you can get an idea of the thread-end size (on the left). Those are 3/4" bolts on the right.

If it's 1-1/8 thread then it's the same pins listed above.

/ Converting Cat 2 implemnt to Cat 1 (Lower Lift Arm Pins) #20  
I think tractorpartsinc.com has the pin that will work for the needed application (1 1/8 thread to cat 1 pin). The part number is HII20-0034 I just ordered 2 for about $24 with shipping and I will follow up if they don't work.