Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near!

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #1  

bcoc

I have a new Deere 1025r. I'm interested in seeing what landscaping projects people will be taking on this spring. It's been a long winter and looking forward to the bit thaw.

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #2  
Pole barn/work shop should be started in 1-2 weeks, 24 stumps to grind this Saturday. I have removed 28 trees from behind and to the right side of where the workshop will go( can't see most of the removal on the right).

Need to cut the bank down once stumps are ground this weekend and lots of tractor work to the right( will have more pictures later), and need to get this done before planting starts and laying plastic in the field:(

The work that will be done to the right will lead to the back of the house where I need to do lots of landscaping.

Attachments

• IMG-20150208-00294.jpg
    IMG-20150208-00294.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-20150208-00293.jpg
    IMG-20150208-00293.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 108
   / Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near!
What do you use to grind the stumps? Looks like you have a great deal of work done on this one.

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #4  
The work has not even started, there is a lot you can't see in this picture.:D

I have a friend who grinds stumps and has a stump grinder. If I can remember I will take some pictures this Saturday of him grinding.

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #5  
Sorry double post

Attachments

• DSC03820.jpg
    DSC03820.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 184
   / Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #6  
View attachment 415197

The Right Side has to be turned into something resembling the Left side. I did the Left side last year. It was an overgrown fence row with huge stone piles and hawthorn bushes. An excavator did the big work and I did the landscaping. The right side was supposed to get done, I just ran out of time. It's worse then it looks and the chaos extends right down to the concession road at the far end. Millions of stone and tree roots!

The hardest part is getting around the trees. Were it not for that, this job would be quite easy!

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near!
That gives you something to look forward to! The side that is done looks great.

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #8  
DSC03739.jpgDSC03741.jpg

Just a before picture, but it was much, much worse.

I had him dig a small hole, took him like twenty minutes and put all the pesky stones in there. Not only did he fill the hole, but I made quite a sizeable burm.

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #9  
DSC03757.jpg

Man, these pictures sure make make me long for those warm summer days. There really is nothing I would rather do then this sort of thing. But you couldn't pay me a million bucks to do it for someone else!

/ Cool Landscaping Projects Planned - Please post pics and ideas - Spring is near! #10  
View attachment 415258

Just a before picture, but it was much, much worse.

I had him dig a small hole, took him like twenty minutes and put all the pesky stones in there. Not only did he fill the hole, but I made quite a sizeable burm.

1000 years from now some archaeologist is going to stumble across that hole full of rocks and wonder what kind of historical significance it has! :laughing::laughing: