Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor
I have the John Deere 547148, Engine Leak Repairs instructions, which shows the installation of the FEC gasket and other items. It would be easier to mail. Send me a message with your address and I will forward.

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor #32  
I have the John Deere 547148, Engine Leak Repairs instructions, which shows the installation of the FEC gasket and other items. It would be easier to mail. Send me a message with your address and I will forward.
Hello, Oldtimer. I’m just wondering if you still have the engine leak repairs instructions? I have a 2005 4720 that I purchased new. It had a coolant leak at about 16-20 hours. Connected dealer at that time and they took it in for warranty repair. I don’t think at that time they had a gasket repair kit for it. It started leaking again at about 2000 hours and I have been monitoring. 3500 hours now and leaking worse so thinking time to repair. Other than that it’s been a good machine. I have read all of your posts that I can find and greatly appreciate them. Would like to have as much information as possible before diving in. Thanks in advance.

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor
I missed your post earlier in the week. In fact I just sent out repair details to another person this week. Let me put some of the details together, it might take a couple of days. Send me your contact information in a private message.

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor #34  
Does anybody know the hours a dealer is billing this timing cover repair?

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor #35  
I have inquired about the estimated hours at 2 different locations. They are both the same dealer name. One of them looked it up and said about 16 hours and the other said that it was estimated at 12 hours. Their shop rate is $85.00 per hour.

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor #36  
Have you looked into doing it yourself? Or is that not a good option?

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor #37  
Have you looked into doing it yourself? Or is that not a good option?
I have thought about doing it myself but I really don't have a shop to do it in. Oldtimer 66 has a wealth of knowledge on the subject. I searched through several threads that he posted good information in. It doesn't seem to difficult if you have the right place to do it.

/ Coolant leaking John Deere 4320 4520 4720 compact tractor #38  
I have inquired about the estimated hours at 2 different locations. They are both the same dealer name. One of them looked it up and said about 16 hours and the other said that it was estimated at 12 hours. Their shop rate is $85.00 per hour.
Thank you.