Cordless grease gun

/ Cordless grease gun #11  
I have a Lincoln 12V and I wouldn't go back to a manual gun. I considered a pneumatic; but didn't want the hassle of an air hose getting in the way, hung up on something or tangled.

/ Cordless grease gun #12  
I have the lincoln 12v gun. It has been abused for at least 8 years now. I know I have put over 2000 tubes of grease through it. I have gone through 4 batteries two wip hoses, countless grease couplers, and had a bolt loosen up on the inside causing it to work hard. It cost me over $200 but I have not bought a hand pump since. I would love one of the newer models but as long as I can keep this one working it will have to do.
Rob

/ Cordless grease gun #13  
I use the M12 Grease Gun 2446-21XC and have been very happy with the performance.

/ Cordless grease gun #14  
+3 for the Lincoln 12v cordless grease gun :thumbsup:. Glad I didn't spend the extra $ for the second battery, have not needed it. Stores in its own case and has not leaked in the case at all :D. KC

/ Cordless grease gun #15  
MF RED in MT;2008178Stores in its own case and has not leaked in the case at all :D. KC[/quote said:
Man, you are blessed by the grease gods. Mine leaks in the case, so I keep the battery outside the case on a nearby shelf. Maybe it's the type of JD grease I have in it. It's the funky red stuff.

/ Cordless grease gun #16  
I have a 2002 Kubota ZD21 mower that requires greasing every mowing.

Are you sure you are supposed to grease it that often? I looked at the Kubota mowers and thought they were very well built, but didn't buy and don't know for sure what their maintenance schedule is like. I bought a Scag and they are very particular about over greasing. Several places in their manual, they mention to NOT grease it until 100 hours are up. I mow less then 100 hours per year and greased it before the mowing season started this year, but that will be it for me and greasing my zero turn this year.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Cordless grease gun #17  
Are you sure you are supposed to grease it that often? I looked at the Kubota mowers and thought they were very well built, but didn't buy and don't know for sure what their maintenance schedule is like. I bought a Scag and they are very particular about over greasing. Several places in their manual, they mention to NOT grease it until 100 hours are up. I mow less then 100 hours per year and greased it before the mowing season started this year, but that will be it for me and greasing my zero turn this year.

Good luck,
Eddie

LOL, because of my "rough terrain" kit that also protects against sticks, I have to take a shield off to get to a rear pillow block bearing on the drive shaft from the engine going to the front of the machine. Over the course of time, I simply forgot about that bearing. Amazingly enough, it's been over 2000 hours since that bearing has been greased. :eek: It's $37 to replace and wouldn't take much longer to replace than it would take to get to it. I suppose I'm guilty of blatant abuse on that bearing, but somehow it still seems reasonably tight. :confused: Whenever it does fail, I'll have to report what brand of bearing it is. I want to buy that brand of bearing from now on. :D

/ Cordless grease gun #18  
All in all, I will never go back to manual grease guns.

Me too. A few years ago I bought a Lincoln pneumatic grease gun. My manual grease gun never gets used now.

Of all the 18v Dewalt tools I own, I never thought about a cordless grease gun! I can really see the benefit in that. I'll have to check them out.

/ Cordless grease gun #19  
I gave my Lincoln 12v cordless grease gun away... but I've gotten rid of all my battery operated stuff. I like my manual one better, but that's just me...

Wife bought a battery operated weed wacker...:smiley_aafz:but hey, it's her's...

/ Cordless grease gun
I agree Eddie. The one that Dargo mentions will not get done much if at all unless i get into a gun-ho mood. The manual does recommend spindle and shaft greasing every mowing. The spindles and front wheel spots are not bad and the shaft is not to bad. The spindles and wheels will get it every time...no big deal, but the shafts will get it less often. I grew up on a farm and a very familiar with greasing equipment, but some of this is a bit on the much side i think. Oh well, I want this machine to Last a Long Time so I will do the greasing. Already got the wife doing most of the mowing but don't expect I can train her on the greasing. My fault I suppose for not being good enough at wife "training", But I keep trying, it's only been 34yrs we been married so I'm still learning on this wife thing. Over all I think this Kubota ZD21 is one tough machine...Time will tell. But this is why i checking out cordless grease guns.