CornPro horse trailer... I need to add a ramp

/ CornPro horse trailer... I need to add a ramp
This is an interesting approach to adding a rear ramp - It is an accessory for this company. Looks like it is aluminum - 1200. - But doing the same thing in steel and welding it in place, while leaving the doors that you have may be an idea to consider. Also you might get away with a shorter ramp.
Rear Add-on Ramps

View attachment 547766

I can't make heads or tails of how that ramp functions. On the website, in one pic, it appears to be laying on the floor of the back stall. Then it appears to be folded up against the back doors (which is what I had envisioned doing).

Help me out... what am I seeing in the 1st 3 photos? Is the photo with it 'inside' prior to welding it to the 'bumper'? And the others are attached 'post weld'? The final photo shows it folded up, which is what I am used to seeing and what I had envisioned.

/ CornPro horse trailer... I need to add a ramp #23  
I can't make heads or tails of how that ramp functions. On the website, in one pic, it appears to be laying on the floor of the back stall. Then it appears to be folded up against the back doors (which is what I had envisioned doing).

Help me out... what am I seeing in the 1st 3 photos? Is the photo with it 'inside' prior to welding it to the 'bumper'? And the others are attached 'post weld'? The final photo shows it folded up, which is what I am used to seeing and what I had envisioned.

I think that 3rd photo is it laying on the inside floor of the trailer to keep it under cover - before it gets pulled out to finally weld it onto the bumper frame. The first and second photos are just to show it mounted and in the down position. The last photo is mounted and in the up position.

If there is room- could make a steel channel to weld on your trailer to hold the aluminum hinge portion of the ramp. Square tubing with a slot cut out on a long side to slide the ramp hinge into. Or maybe weld an angle iron shelf for the ramp hinge to sit on and another angle iron piece to top it off and then drop some pins through.

I've seen this type of ramp spring for sale before online - Good design for doing it all in steel. Local trailer fabrication place could probably steer you to springs and rod.

Horse Trailer Torsion Ramp Springs & Hitch Pins at Trailer Parts Superstore

Last edited:
   / CornPro horse trailer... I need to add a ramp #24  
I would look for a weld on hinge such as this: Big Tex Weld On Hinge Pin with Grease Fitting #733
547982d1523292365-cornpro-horse-trailer-i-need-7107136_large-jpg

Then weld a support under it so you can set the ramp on the support while you slide it onto the hinge (makes it much easier than trying to align both hinges at the same time).
if you need help to lift it, I would do a center mount leaf spring and add a quick release pin so you can remove the while thing when not needed.

Aaron Z

Attachments

• 7107136_large.jpg
    7107136_large.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 182