couldnt resist, ym1700

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #31  
I agree you will get better precision measuring the temperature with professional tools. But it seems to me all he needs now is a yes/no answer to whether the overheating problem is solved. So in this case the combination of infrared thermometer, warning light not coming on, and observing no boilover, leads to the conclusion that the repair is now completed (by fixing the leaky hose fitting) and he can put the tractor back in service.

Apparently the only problem was low water level. Also, there could have been boiling at spots in the head allowed by the low system pressure and low antifreeze percentage. (boiling at 212* instead of the 240* +/ - which a 30% coolant blend in a pressurized system would allow.)

Anyhow - it looks like the case is solved. :thumbsup:

/ couldnt resist, ym1700
Well decided to sell..need to free up some cash. Anyone want it $2700 gets it all. Turfs and ags

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #33  
Does it have a loader?

Heck whats it matter i dont need it or want it (well really i want as many as i can get, but that wont happen while im marreid so that wont happen)!

And we all here know the problems! ha

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #34  
Well decided to sell..need to free up some cash. Anyone want it $2700 gets it all. Turfs and ags
Shouldn't have any problem selling it, if you do and you need to sale it quick, you might consider putting the AG tires back on, Drop the price to 2,500 then sell the turf's separate for 300, ;) would get you 100 more than you're asking, the lower 2500 price is more attracting to a potential buyer,

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #35  
Yea should sell fast. Was also wondering about the tires. Its bout time to start thinking about food plots. You will sell it fast. I do really hate I can't buy it. But I can only drive one tractor! And I really want a larger ag style tractor to turn a larger bush hog anyway. Like a jd. 10something or a ford 3000. Or even an old Massey but I don't see many of those.

/ couldnt resist, ym1700
no loader, and I already put the ags back on it..:)

I put it on CL in my area and no bites yet..weird kinda they usually go fast. the turfs are practically brand new..so tractor is only like $1800 if you consider the cost of the turfs new.

Why am I selling? Figure one would ask...the workshop I am building is costing me more then I planned and to STAY married, I need to get my cash back out of this tractor..I probably shouldn't have bought it..but...lol

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #37  
should now change the title too: ( Should've resisted it ):D

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #39  
So ur giving the turfs at that price!! That's a good deal.

/ couldnt resist, ym1700 #40  
Too bad most don't know how much the turfs cost but cause they fit jd as well u may want to sell tractor for like $2200 and sell turfs separate.