Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #21  
That looks just like the trailer I purchased from northern tool{I believe they called theirs farm pro?} 1st things I noticed were poor construction and at best lower then average welds. It wasn't all that bad to put together pretty straight forward. I will say there is no way that it could handle 4000lbs{2tons}, mine folded{hinges} with just a little over a{1} ton of dirt. To make a long story short mine ended up being scrap, and I built a much tougher trailer for less then what they soaked me. I hope yours is built tougher then mine was??? Also please be carefull with it, if it is anything like what I feel it is, it's not only poor quility but a dangerous safety hazard to boot.

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #22  
I purchased one May 2015. On Ebay. They had 100% review so I didn't search reviews. So here is my review of the trailer. Country Manufacturing 2500 lbs Dump Trailer . Model 7550. With dump. Paint was poor .Rust weld spatter. Not sanded, primed. 1 light coat of pant. You can see thru the paint. #2 complaint. The wood floor of trailer is free floating. Itis only held in the front & back of trailer. The boards move around. My trailer has 3. 1/2 inch gaps in the floor. Dirt sand runs out the floor. #3 complaint. The dump is rated at 1000 lbs. This was not listed on Ebays listing. I found it later on there web page. The trailer is rated at 2500lbs. The dump doesn't raise high enough to dump. I have to pull ahead, backup & stop fast. Then it emptys. I would have bought a different trailer. They refunded $100 for the paint but not the other issues. I hope this saves others a lot of problems. King Kutter, MUTS, DRwagon.

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #23  
With tipping trailers a tip angle of 55 degrees is required to avoid the load sticking, especially shifting clay. Hanging loads suck.

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #24  
Not much of a dump trailer to start with really. Dirt and gravel are both heavy even if the payload capacity is 2500lbs. that is about a yard of material or two maybe three bucket loads with a compact tractor. I have a small dump trailer PJ 6x114 14k with a 9500lb payload I use it for hauling small amounts of landscape rock where a full truck load isn't necessary. For larger jobs requiring full loads of sand and gravel I hire a dump truck.

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #25  
I own a trailer made by Country Manufacturing and for the price, they are pretty tough to beat. Granted, the wood shrinks and swells with the humidity levels, but if I am hauling pea gravel or sand I just put a tarp in the bottom. The lift has an adjustment on the head that you can screw out to get a higher angle of lift, at least the one I bought does. I didn't have any problem with the paint and it has been used hard for several years now as we operate a small produce farm and it works perfectly for our needs.

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #26  
I have owned and used their 8500 for the last 5 years and feel it was an outstanding buy. Yes the paint was bad and welds sloppy but I don't hang it on the wall to admire. Before I assembled it I gave the entire thing 3 coats of Rustolem Brush on Paint and installed my own hydraulics. I have had it heaping with sand 5-6k Lbs. repeatable and it just keeps on going. I use it to haul 3 tandem dump truck loads of sand down my very steep hill for a beach for the kids every year. I also store it outside and no rust. I have had to weld on a different hitch because of the abuse I put it through. Thus....I can't say enough positive things about the CMI 8500 Wagon.

/ Country Manufacturing 2 Ton Dump Trailer #27  
I know this is a pretty old thread, but I'm in the market for a dump trailer that can be pulled around the farm and there aren't all that many choices in this price range. This one is still made. I wonder if any of the folks on this thread still frequent the forums. If so, can you provide any updates on how the trailer is holding up? What mods did you/have you made to make it more useful?

Thanks.