CountyLine from Tractor Supply

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #11  
I had a similar conversation with a tech in the King Kutter Alabama facility last week. I was in the process of evaluating a KK II 48" tiller that TSC carries. They say it's a KK II, but their website shows the same SKU# with the Countyline brand. When I spoke with the tech, who was very helpful on specs and sizing, etc., he said the only difference is that the put a Countyline label plate on the KKII when they ship it to TSC now. As long as he price is right and the quality is there, I'm cool with that. Haven't taken delivery yet, but when I do, I'm calling the tech with the serial number to confirm, per his advice. I don't want the "Dark Horse" imitation of the KKII!

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #12  
I went to TSC to look at the 48" box blades and I liked it so much I bought it. TSC said it was a King Kutter. I thought it was a County Line brand by King Kutter. I called King Kutter wanting to know if it had a one year warranty on the unit for sure before I used it. They said if it is theirs it would have a serial # on the bar that supports the ripper shanks. Well no serial #. I is really a Farm Force made by Tarter Gate. I think this this think it is far better crafted than King Kutter. and is made here in Kentucky. Welds look nice with good penetration, a whole lot better than that Chinese Junk . Once in a while we can get lucky I know i did, Tony.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #13  
buying from TSC can be risky, but on the other hand it can save you a bundle. If you know all you will be doing is snow removal or light duty ground engaging work once a while, then perhaps the TSC is a good buy. I currently have the 4 ft backblade farm force type and it does fine for my needs. I just wish i got the 6 footer though.:rolleyes: but i got it from craigslist and it was cheap.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #14  
KingKutter made 2 types of blades both yellow along with other stuff.KK proffessional stuff much beefier!Just cause yellow does not mean HEAVY DUTY.Look up KK WEBSITE if not done so already youll see what I mean.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #15  
I just bought a 60" KingKutter II rototiller from my local TSC. It's a leftover from last year and any new rototillers sold there will be built by Tarter Gate. The KKII and the Tarter Gate will carry the same SKU, with southern states getting the KKII and the north getting the Tarter Gate units. Both machines will carry the CountyLine label, as will most of the implements that TSC sells, much like Sears has the "Craftsman" label for tools. At this point the price of the leftover KKII is the same as the new Tarter Gate. According to the TSC rep the only difference between the KKII and Tarter Gate is the paint: Tarter Gate uses a powder coat on their tillers.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #16  
Check and compare the gauge of the metal and look over the welds. You don't have to be a professional welder to see if they are not even or cut. You have a pretty powerful tractor to be running a light duty blade. Don't want to fold that blade up.

I'm sure you are tired of hearing this, but you get what you pay for.

Only MHO

You got that right! The TSC in the Michigan UP where I shop had some Chinese crap called "Darkhorse". The metal was thin and the welds were sloppy. The KK stuff was much better and heavier.

I bought a box blade last year and sold my rear blade. The box blade is a much more versatile implement.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #17  
everybody here says box blade quite an implement, guess i'll be checking them out even though i don't understand that yet!!! CK30 with back blade

mike

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #18  
It's a leftover from last year and any new rototillers sold there will be built by Tarter Gate. The KKII and the Tarter Gate will carry the same SKU, with southern states getting the KKII and the north getting the Tarter Gate units. Both machines will carry the CountyLine label, as will most of the implements that TSC sells, much like Sears has the "Craftsman" label for tools. At this point the price of the leftover KKII is the same as the new Tarter Gate. According to the TSC rep the only difference between the KKII and Tarter Gate is the paint: Tarter Gate uses a powder coat on their tillers.

I dunno about that one....I had been reading about the supposed switch to Tarter Gate here on TBN but the TSC that just opened up here in Oxford a month ago had about 6 tillers in stock of various widths, all labeled KingKutter, when I went to speak to the MGR about a 6 footer (they sold the 2 6' units they had within the first week of the store being open) he said he had 3 more on order...I asked him about branding and he said they would be KingKutters, sure enough, when I went last Saturday they had 2 shiny new KingKutters...Here at this TSC, Tillers are KingKutter and everything else is "CountyLine"
I guess it didnt end up mattering to me, I pulled the trigger on a 72" Sovema tiller at a great price...

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #19  
i loked at a 4' tiller at the tsc store in augusta me yesterday and it is a kingkutter. it has county line labels on it but the manual and warranty tags say king kutter.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #20  
everybody here says box blade quite an implement, guess i'll be checking them out even though i don't understand that yet!!! CK30 with back blade

mike

Oh you will Mike, if you buy a HD box blade.;) That CK30 can really tear into the ground with a 600lb+ box blade.