CountyLine from Tractor Supply

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #41  
The lower the price usually means lighter weight materials and less strength.
For light work you might be just fine.
I bought the TSC County Line yellow 5' blade knowing I was going to "Beef It Up"
All the new blades at the store had some sort of bend or twist to them.
It was obvious they are not very strong.
I added lots of steel for structural support and the additional weight helped it work better on gravel road/drives. After all my work I spent less than buying a heavier model.
A taller mold board would be nicer for deeper snowfalls
The box blades by design will have more strength.
The box blade may be a better way to go.
new tractor 048.JPG new tractor 783.JPG new tractor 815.JPG
new tractor 818.JPG new tractor 819.JPG new tractor 826.JPG

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #42  
The Countyline box frame disc harrow is made by Tarter as well.

Subject to change.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 264
   / CountyLine from Tractor Supply #43  
I'll add my experience here regarding Countryline and KK from TSC. I went up to the Milford NH store today and bought a King Kutter labeled 6ft tiller. It was parked right next to a 5 foot Countryline and I had five or ten minutes to compare the two. Bottom line is that the difference is one or two decals. They are otherwise absolutely identical. I called KK customer service just to confirm and they agreed that was the only difference. They come off the KK assembly line at the same time with identical specs and just get different decals.

I also looked at the KK website to compare their pro vs standard tillers but they also appear to be identical even down to the shipping weight.

Price on the KK 6ft tiller was listed at $1849. I inquired whether there might be a sale coming up and the manager looked into it. No sale coming up but he gave me a coupon for $100 off which was nice. The tiller is now in my driveway on the trailer and I'll be playing hooky tomorrow to test it out.

I also saw that TSC has Farm Force equipment as well as Countryline. Specifically I looked at a six foot harrow from each. No comparison. The Countryline had a much heavier built box frame while the Farm Force had lighter gauge angle frame even though they seemed to use the same discs.
countyline not countryline lol

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #44  
Oh you will Mike, if you buy a HD box blade.;) That CK30 can really tear into the ground with a 600lb+ box blade.

Or a 1000+ lbs. Gannon, now ( Woods-HD commercial)

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #45  
I'm sure they give their business to the lowest priced supplier. Quality is probably a concern but I doubt it is at the top of the list. Typical chain store mentality, but it sells product. This is why the subject of "who makes TSC product" is always so confusing.:2cents:
Travis

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #46  
I'm sure they give their business to the lowest priced supplier. Quality is probably a concern but I doubt it is at the top of the list. Typical chain store mentality, but it sells product. This is why the subject of "who makes TSC product" is always so confusing.:2cents:
Travis

Do you know for a fact that this is how they operate their business. Or are you just putting down a competitor to promote your own business.

That is how your post came off to me when I read it.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #47  
Hey, ETA is a big advertiser here on T-B-N. Of course Travis is promoting ETA. Pointless to make ag/forestry machinery and not attempt to sell it via T-B-N. I wish Kubota monitored T-B-N for direct customer feedback.

I buy in my local TSC at least once a week. ( Where do those lynch pins go? ) I am grateful to have TSC's inventory ten miles away. Great to be able to buy bolts/nuts/washers inexpensively by the pound.

But when seeking info on tractor attachments I do my research on T-B-N, parsing the information posted with a sceptical mind.

I would say quality of TSC Countyline equipment is variable, with Countyline 'Carryall' rarely getting a bad review and the foundation for many interesting projects. Other TSC implements would be my fifth choice.

Even my small town has Deere and Kubota dealerships where premium brand attachments at a higher price points are available.

Last edited:
   / CountyLine from Tractor Supply #48  
Hey, ETA is a big advertiser here on T-B-N. Of course he is promoting ETA. Pointless to make all that machinery and not attempt to sell it using every angle.

Putting down competitors is bad business practice. That was my point. Like going to a Ford dealer and having the salesman telling you Toyota makes crap cars.

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #49  
Putting down competitors is bad business practice. That was my point. Like going to a Ford dealer and having the salesman telling you Toyota makes crap cars.

But, for alot of 1 st time buyers .This is good info. Many 1 st time buyers may not know the difference in material or quality of the build. They only see cost. And buy based on cost alone. Then, when something bends or breaks they have no clue as to why it bent or broke...

/ CountyLine from Tractor Supply #50  

I agree with your basic point regarding negative comments about competitors. That said, TSC does tend to carry implements of barely acceptable quality. Some of their stuff is fine but you do need to be careful as they never seem to contract with the high quality manufacturers. Best I have seen are the perfectly fine King Kutter tillers but a lot of the other stuff is pretty skimpy.