Cracked Foundation Contractor or Engineer?

/ Cracked Foundation Contractor or Engineer?
I had a structure engineer a PE look at the crack and he said it is not a structure flaw... GREAT NEWS. So now to fill the crack what is the best product, calk or hydraulic cement? I do have slight water stain at the bottom so water is starting to get in. Thanks for your help in advance.

/ Cracked Foundation Contractor or Engineer? #33  
Good news-do those of us who said at this point in your house's life span it was a cosmetic issue get a gold star-yuk yuk:) I would use one of the Sika products. As long as you are not currently dealing with hydraulic pressure -i.e. running water- Sika has some good products that maintain some elasticity so slight movement will not end up with just another crack. They have an excellent website. Professional grade products IMO.

By the way, what did the PE charge you? As always, piece of mind has a price.

/ Cracked Foundation Contractor or Engineer? #34  
Thanks for the follow up.

Also make sure the soil around the foundation is sloped appropriately to have the rainfall run off.

/ Cracked Foundation Contractor or Engineer? #36  
I had a structure engineer a PE look at the crack and he said it is not a structure flaw... GREAT NEWS. So now to fill the crack what is the best product, calk or hydraulic cement? I do have slight water stain at the bottom so water is starting to get in. Thanks for your help in advance.

I have seen an epoxy used where they grind a V in the crack , drive some type of nail at both ends of the crack and put on this epoxy.

I have also seen a customers house where he had that done , and then he finished the basement so you couldnt see it .