Craftsman Z7400 zero turn

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #21  
Anyone have one? Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Thinking about getting one but google shows NOTHING. Hard to believe nobody has bought one yet. Either that or $2.5k more and get a Bad Boy Mower.
It looks like "Kingsville" got one, or something very similar. He just posted a followup comment a couple of weeks ago in this forum. Good luck on whatever you got. You do show the divide between Craftsman and Sears Hometown...

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #22  
Ok, Here's Photos of the "

Craftsman PRO Series 54'' 26 hp V-Twin Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Riding Mower Non CA
Item# 07120417000 | Model# 20417 " Finally!!!!!

And, they're the only pics, other than stock photo on the INTERNET!! GEEZ, what people have to do to get product info.

So, thanks to Jeff Turner at 205-274-2309 @ Sears Hometown Store in Alabama, which whom I'm going to purchase from,

Here's the pics...

20140703_173138.jpg
20140703_173146.jpg
20140703_173153.jpg
20140703_173157.jpg
20140703_173205.jpg
20140703_173214.jpg
20140703_173218.jpg
20140703_173225.jpg
20140703_173230.jpg

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #23  
Went to see the Husky version of this mower today..... pretty nice machine and very heavily built. It was also $1700 more than the craftsman.. yikes.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #24  
Sorry it's not 1700 more... Sears has it on sale at the moment with a $1000 discount. wish I had the cash.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #25  
Well, I ordered the Craftsman Pro Series Zero Turn today, got free shipping to the house. I wanted to get it from the guy at the Sears Hometown who submitted the pictures, but my hands were tied. Free Shipping and I live very, very far from his store. So, when it arrives, I will upload pics of the crate, and the ztr within it. I'll then do a youtube and give the link for an initial review. Then finally, I'll make updates on the mower as time goes on. I'm holding Sears to their word that this thing is a decent mower! :) We'll see.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #26  
Sorry it's not 1700 more... Sears has it on sale at the moment with a $1000 discount. wish I had the cash.

Yep, Cash.. It would be so much easier if we could pay in grass clippings, on a monthly basis. haha :)

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #27  
Well the Craftsman z7400 ZTR arrived to day on a lift gate box truck. I had my camera out to take pictures of it. Once they opened the rear gate, I noticed immediately that the ZT3100 trannies looked nice! But then I noticed that the belt pulley system was dangling. I photographed that immediately. The mower wouldn't fit on the lift gate completely so the two delivery guys and myself had to hold it as it dangles on the way down. Very heavy mower, I think I sprained a small muscle in my back. Once on the pavement, I turned the key to take a picture of the 0.0 hrs. Guess what.. Their was 3.3 hours already on it! This leads me to believe that the key was in the on position nicely draining the battery and more things that I can be angry about. I checked the oil reservoir and it was nicely topped off. I checked the Transmission reservoir and it was bone dry! Also, I checked the receipt, I was to have free delivery, Well they charged my $69.99 for delivery, and even still, the mower was inoperable! So, the delivery guys said they will contact sears for a guy to come out today and fix the issues. We wheeled the mower up my drive and into the garage, got it was a pain, wore out my back some more. I called Sears, and they said a guy will come out to fix it next week! So, I said I wanted it exchanged with another new one! So, it will be here on Tuesday or so of next week. What a pain in the neck. I'm glad I was able to attempt this purchase so that if anyone is interested in this mower will think twice before they buy.

Here's my notes:

called customer service at sears 1-800-349-4358, explained damages such as pulley not connected, no gear oil in

reservoir, arrived with 3.2 hours on the hour meter. I took pictures of all of this with delivery guys present
as well as in the pictures. I had to help get it off the truck, for it wouldn't fit on the lift-gate and strained
my back some, then had to help push it into my garage. I was billed a setup charge of

HOMEDELIVERYCHARGE 000HD999000 1.00 $69.99 CONFIRMED :
, although delivery was to be free.

I called at 9:57am, explained the issues, placed on hold, it's now 10:07 and customer service got back on the line
and said that the earliest they can come out is on monday, "is this fine with me?". I said no, and I also want to
be immediately credited for delivery.
They, are going to exchange on July 29th,
I'll be called on July 28th, between 6-9pm.

Regarding the shipping call back and talk to online customer care.
Called ended at 10:15 A.M

10:29am called 1-800-349-4358 to call about refund of shipping charges. Rian is looking into it. She confirms that I was

charged for delivery when delivery was to be free. But she can't refund it. She said it will be sent to their care

department for review and they will contact me within 24 to 48 business hours. So, since it's friday, I have to wait

till monday or tuesday.

I'll upload pics later of the mower and the issues I saw with it.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #28  
Ok, here's what came this morning. It had a bunch of missing stuff and was used. If Sears thinks they can sell this as a new item, they won't be in business much longer. Anyways, I'll upload pics of the supposed "new" replacement that they are sending Wednesday, that's if they don't reschedule on me. Till then, this 700pd plus paper weight sits in the driveway collecting rain and sunshine, give or take the time of day.

As you can see in the pics, the delivery guy is messing around with the broken mower, he pulled out some belts and then pushes it into my garage. He told me that he contacted Sears to have a guy come out. I acted quicker and demanded a replacement. Also, how do you cut grass with no blades? Guess they figure blades are optional! Good thing my new replacement will accept the Husky 5424S parts.. How do you deliver me a mower and not check it? No Tranny fluid, but there's oil, and the arms are installed, so didn't they at least check the other stuff? Looks to me that they didn't. Well, in the long run, they will lose money dealing with me.. Over 2 hours of phone calls, 2 deliveries, figuring out what to do with this floor model peace of scrap they sent me. They'll probably send it out to the next poor fella that purchases one. Then he'll be in the same boat.. Sears = No!

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 144
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 150
   / Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #29  
Very good of you to check the fluids! It's a nice looking machine though despite the problems. The lack of blades is astounding.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #30  
Looks to me like the poor delivery guys were put in charge of setting up the machine, having only the set-up instructions and a couple of tools. They could have skipped a few pages, but you wouldn't have gotten them to confess it was their first time, and their manager wouldn't, either. Assuming they have a service contractor who has experience with the Husq or this ZT, it should have been set up first by that person, and delivered on a proper trailer by that person, with some hands-on instruction to you. Those machines are too big for tailgate delivery. If you aren't too far from the Sears Hometown Store where you bought this machine, you might get better service if you clarify - face-to-face - with the store manager (not the sales guy, go to the top) when the replacement comes in. You should get a properly set up machine, with all fluid levels and adjustments done prior to bringing it out to you. That's what you were promised, and they ought to know, you have a 3 year warranty, which means they will be expected to honor. If you added on an additional three years extended warranty, they'll be wise to get it right from the get-go. It's really up to the manager to take responsibility. Even some JD's, Husq's, and other dealers/managers in some locations have also sometimes failed their customers, sadly. When you are calling Customer Service, gently persuade the person to escalate your call to their supervisor to expedite a successful resolution. It looks like a heck of a nice machine, and once you get to mowing, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.