Craftsman Z7400 zero turn

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #31  
Looks to me like the poor delivery guys were put in charge of setting up the machine, having only the set-up instructions and a couple of tools. They could have skipped a few pages, but you wouldn't have gotten them to confess it was their first time, and their manager wouldn't, either. Assuming they have a service contractor who has experience with the Husq or this ZT, it should have been set up first by that person, and delivered on a proper trailer by that person, with some hands-on instruction to you. Those machines are too big for tailgate delivery. If you aren't too far from the Sears Hometown Store where you bought this machine, you might get better service if you clarify - face-to-face - with the store manager (not the sales guy, go to the top) when the replacement comes in. You should get a properly set up machine, with all fluid levels and adjustments done prior to bringing it out to you. That's what you were promised, and they ought to know, you have a 3 year warranty, which means they will be expected to honor. If you added on an additional three years extended warranty, they'll be wise to get it right from the get-go. It's really up to the manager to take responsibility. Even some JD's, Husq's, and other dealers/managers in some locations have also sometimes failed their customers, sadly. When you are calling Customer Service, gently persuade the person to escalate your call to their supervisor to expedite a successful resolution. It looks like a heck of a nice machine, and once you get to mowing, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Barry, it does look like a nice machine. The dud in the garage, even though a dud, looks and feels solid. By just looking at it, my only grudge is the gigantic shoot. Sears customer care just got the pics from me via email, and before I sent them they said that they are going to call me tonight to set up a delivery/exchange time for tomorrow. They told me that they'll deliver it on a bigger truck, or trailer. We'll see. They also said that I wasn't charged for shipping. So, I also attached the receipt with the $69.99 home delivery charge. Website said it qualifies for free delivery. I also requested, for this exchange, that I wanted it delivered in the original crate that it came in from the factory. I'll uncrate it and set it up. I spent most of the weekend reading the owners manual and have ridden ZTR's before, plus maintained them, a Scag Turf Tiger. This was years ago back in Ohio. I'm going to video tape the arrival, uncrating, and setup. I figure that would make a good unbiased Youtube video. If this one turns out to be a lemon too, then I'll have to wash my hands of it and have it picked up. I hope I don't have too. I hope this thing comes and I can get to cutting!! :)

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #32  
Aye, yer a better man than I, Charlie Brown! You most certainly will have a great Youtube video! I know these things go in crates, tires inflated to above spec, and protectively wrapped (how you got the sleeves on the steering controls). It would probably strain their minds to consider having their designated Sears At Home service guy to give you a hand right then (and if they wanted to show some real smarts for "legendary service" - a CS phrase for "disaster recovery"), that would be fantastic. Makes me happy to know that they are responsive to your problem. I just posted on MyTractorForum about my nearly new GT7400, and I guess I should put up a new thread here on TBN, too. I did get a free delivery, et cetera, and it has been fun to tame a few acres.
Happy mowing soon!

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #33  
Well, the second mower (the exchange that Sears promised would be delivered in the crate, undamaged, etc) arrived today 7/29/2014 at 3pm! :)

Now the bad news. It was all scratched up on the truck, not in a crate, had 1.8 hours on it, the key was broken, and jammed in the keyhole sideways in a stuck position, and all in all,
I took pictures and had them put it back on the truck. The worst news is that these delivery guys rolled the mower directly into my Lincoln Continental! Have a look at the pics. Transmission reservoir was bone dry on this one too. Guess this is Sears's way of giving great customer service. So, I guess another broken mower is scheduled to be here on Friday. I can't wait!

Attachments

• .0.jpg
    .0.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 122
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 90
   / Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #34  
Time for someone like David Horowitz ("The Law On Your Side"), or a local TV "Troubleshooter" to come your aid! If you do have a pre-paid legal service, you'll be pleasantly surprised to see how fast it gets resolved to your satisfaction once you enlist their help. It's appalling that the store manager dumped the job on the delivery guys, who clearly were not competent for that assignment. I bet when those poor fellas got back to the store, they got a whuppin'. It's really not their fault that someone told them they didn't need the service technician to supervise it, from the set-up (with you right there) -or even accompanying a sealed unopened crate, to ensure it comes out in mint condition, to handing you the keys. Good Luck!

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #35  
I hear ya!, Barry. This is a mess. It's to the point that I have to laugh at how insane this is. I can guarantee that if I mint mower with zero hours that has nothing broken on it doesn't arrive on the Friday delivery, I'll have no choice but to contact the local news or something. I want to review this mower, and Cut My Grass with it every week, not exchange them all the time instead. I'm giving up on the mower arriving with Tranny fluid. I'll got tomorrow and just pick some up, just incase the next arrival is suitable for operation. You'd think that when someone spends over $4k for a product, that Sears would of corrected the issues on, at least, the exchanged version. I email the pic of the guys roughing up my car to the delivery company for review. I still have some hope left to get on the next mower that arrives and get cutting away. They should give me 50% off for all of my troubles. Just think, Sears paid whatever they paid to have these mowers manufactured. Which now, they'll have to pay to fix and sell as remanufactured. Then they paid, twice already, to have them delivered. Now they'll have to pay freight again for this 3rd one. So basically they are out a grand or so already, plus. They can't use the excuse that it is a new, 2014, model, so they are working out the bugs, because these are Huskys 5224S's painted with Craftsman colors, which I liked better. Only difference is the engine. At least they can offer a few hundred bucks off and a extended warranty.

Well, guess it's time to pull out the push mower since I sold my Bronco, which started and ran like a champ. That was a darn good mower..

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #36  
Man you must really be wanting that mower bad to put up with all that crap. A cheap Price isn't worth the hassle of dealing with that many uh-oh's, at least not for me. I would have asked for a refund of purchase price after the second one came with the same problems PLUS asked for some damage claim from the delivery guy on my car.
You should not have to do a pre-service on it either, Sears should schedule a tech out at time of delivery to do the setup and check out of everything prior to you turning the key on it.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #37  
that is beyond rediculous.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #38  
Wow this thread is intense. Tiki you have lots of patience. Dump Sears and buy a Kubota or Exmark zero turn. Life is too short to deal with incompetent companies like Sears. Sadly this is exactly why Sears is going broke. Incompetence.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #39  
Man you must really be wanting that mower bad to put up with all that crap. A cheap Price isn't worth the hassle of dealing with that many uh-oh's, at least not for me. I would have asked for a refund of purchase price after the second one came with the same problems PLUS asked for some damage claim from the delivery guy on my car.
You should not have to do a pre-service on it either, Sears should schedule a tech out at time of delivery to do the setup and check out of everything prior to you turning the key on it.

Hi Gary, I think Sears isn't using techs anymore. I think they have warehouse guys fidgeting with these. Plus, since it seams their selling the refurbished ones as new ones, at least this is what I'm now suspecting, I feel that while their sitting in the warehouse awaiting to go back to Husqvarna to get refurbished, they're accidently grabbing these instead of new ones or something, to deliver. Makes no sense why 2 in a row are messed up this bad. We'll see on Friday what happens. It might be a Gravely HD or something that I'll look into if I request a refund. Also, I called, and emailed the pic of the guys smashing into my car with this thing to the delivery company. Gotta love cameras. And yes, I want this mower because the price with the Zt-3100's. I have one of these, the 1st broken one in my garage sitting right behind me and other than the busted pulley, delivered that way, some serious scratches, 3.3 hrs on the meter, no tranny fluid, it feels, and is a solid machine. Sears shouldn't be trying to put themselves in positions like this, but I guess they're not motivated like they used to be back in the good ole days.

/ Craftsman Z7400 zero turn #40  
Got the 3rd installment of Sears 'R Us today. I'm happy to say that I can finally cut my grass! No, it didn't arrive in a crate :(, the delivery dispatcher whined about how he didn't have a truck that could deliver it in a crate. I said, why did he accept it then? He said that he was Sears Delivery. I said, "Are you K&S?", He said "No". I said, well your not the only delivery company for Sears. He said it was all set up and in perfect condition. So I told him, "OK, there better be 0 hours on the meter, keep the key off, no scratches, no damage." He agreed and I was the first morning delivery. I set up my video recorder and got my other camera, as usual, out for arrival pics. They arrived, and when they did, the driver noticed the old, 1st delivered lemon, was sitting in the garage. He whined that he had no room to take it away. I said, you'll have room when my mower comes out, as long as it's not damaged, or refused by me. Then he whined that he wanted to leave the old mower here. I said, ok, but it is not my responsibility, and I'm not liable for it because I have to go to work, and no one will be here to open the garage, it must stay outside. He said he'd be back shortly to get it, when I got home it was gone.

So anyways, back to the new mower! I just video recorded the first start up, after topping off the empty tranny fluid reservoir, of course. I used Castrol 20W50. I will also change all fluids at 10 hrs. I'm glad mine arrived with 0.0hrs. That was a plus. It cut nice, fast, and is quite quiet! Handled my one hilly slope I have good as well. I must say that the wait for this mower was a pain, but at least I have what I ordered in the condition I ordered it in.

Here's some pics, I'll upload a unbiased review, probably on a new thread dedicated to this mower. I just hope this thing doesn't surprise me with failures in the upcoming hrs... fingers crossed...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg