Oil & Fuel Crap in fuel tank. Help!

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help! #21  
Amazon.com: Biobor JF - Diesel Fuel Biocide - 16 oz: Sports & Outdoors

This plus the new filters as mentioned. Everything will die and migrate to the filters so buy 3. One for now to get it running, one for when it's clogged with all the dead material and one to keep on the shelf.

You will want a little of the Biobor in the tank at all times if you plan to store it for long periods. This stuff will also help once things are cleaned up.

Amazon.com: Biobor MD - Diesel Performance & Efficiency Enhancer - 16 oz: Sports & Outdoors

Note the JF treats over 1000gals and the MD treats 60gals

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help!
Well I tried the first fill up with vinegar and wasn't very impressed. Did the second one today and will let it sit for 48 hours this time. If that doesn't work then?

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help! #23  
Well I tried the first fill up with vinegar and wasn't very impressed. Did the second one today and will let it sit for 48 hours this time. If that doesn't work then?
If you are combating rust it works best to use half vinegar and half water mixed.

So mixing it makes it stronger? Less acidic seems less effective to me but maybe I'm missing something. Many report using it full strength which seems to make sense to me but I'm open to suggestions.

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help! #25  
So mixing it makes it stronger? Less acidic seems less effective to me but maybe I'm missing something. Many report using it full strength which seems to make sense to me but I'm open to suggestions.

I dunno the chemical reason for it but I found out about it on a You Tube video and the person that posted it said it was more effective at 50%. I mixed mine at 50% and you can see the results in my photos. The photo showing the rust was after I pressure washed the inside of the tank and before I soaked with vinegar/water.

Here is one of the videos I saw on using it.
VINEGAR Cleans Heavily Rusted Metal FAST - YouTube

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help! #26  
Try something with phosphoric acid in it.

Dairy farmers use a mixture to clean out the milking lines. Some will contain phosphoric acid. It works for me.

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help! #27  
Try something with phosphoric acid in it.

Dairy farmers use a mixture to clean out the milking lines. Some will contain phosphoric acid. It works for me.

Phosphoric acid is a great rust converter. I was concerned with being able to get it all out and didn't know how it might react with deisel fuel and components if I didn't.

/ Crap in fuel tank. Help! #28  
Just flush the tank with diesel fuel or water and then hot air dry.

Ok just flushed 2nd vinegar soaking. Also was able to fish out a piece of black PVC pipe. No idea how that got in their along with a broken spark plug. Anyway the gunk in their looks like brown greasy mud which is why I think the vinegar is not working. How do I remove the greasy stuff without taking off fuel tank? IMG_2219.JPG

Last edited:
   / Crap in fuel tank. Help! #30  
At this point I think you're beyond not removing the tank. If mysterious items are appearing it's time to get to the bottom of it, so to speak. Is the tank metal? An old motorcycle trick is to burn out the tank on a campfire, then coat with sealant and repaint. This is a drastic step, and should only be done as a last resort.