Crazy Prices Or Not ?

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #1  

bajacrazy

Greetings everyone. I’m new to this site, but have been lucking around here for some time taking advantage of the information and knowledge from all of TBS members. I’ve been in the market for a new tractor and narrowed it down to the Kubota B7610, B7800, B2630, and the John Deere 2520. I’ve notice some of the prices that have been posted here for these tractors and so far the dealers in my area are not even close. Do I live in an area where dealers are making the big bucks or what?? (Southern Tier of NY)
Tractor Quotes as follows:

B7610 HSD R4-- $10,850.00
LA352 Loader----$3,400.00
B4672-16” BH ---$7,000.00
Total----------------$21,150.00 Same Equipment Dealer 2------$19,766.54

B7800 HSD R4---$12,250.00
LA402 Loader ---$3,600.00
BH75-16” BH----$7,300.00
Total---------------$23,150.00 Same Equipment Dealer 2 -------$21,475.04

B2630 HSD R4
LA403 Loader w/ 60” Bucket
HH75- 16” BH
Dealer 2 price--------$22,132.00

John Deere 2520 R4
200CX Loader W/61” Bucket
46 Backhoe
Total------------------------$21,000.00

I don’t know but I’m starting to feel really green in more ways than one. I’m starting to feel like all dealers in my area are playing games or maybe I look like a sucker. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifAny and all comments and suggestion welcome.

Thanks Brian

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #2  
Brian,

You may want to do some checking or getting quotes over the internet. From what I have seen here on TBN is the North east is one of the more expensive areas. I am not tottally familiar with the rigs your pricing but from what I bought they look expensive. I don't know what the internet quotes will do for you other than you may be able to show your dealers what you can buy for else where. They may or may not do anything about it.

Best of luck and welcome to TBN.

murph

edit here . You may also want to check other brands just to make your dealers sharpen up some.

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #3  
When I bought my tractor I noticed the prices in the southern states were, are cheaper then up in the northern states. I ended going 300 miles to the south of my state and saved $400. Go figure. That price difference was in the same state.

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #4  
As others have noted, the northeast is about the most expensive place to buy a tractor other than Canada. There are some internet savvy dealers, well represented on this forum, who would almost certainly be able to undercut those prices. Your quotes all look a couple of thousand high to me. If you buy out of state the transport/tax saving tend to cancel out so you're still better off if you can get a better price.

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #5  
Last summer I looked for a new tractor in the Southern Tier and found the Deere and Kubota dealers didn't want to deal at all. When I told the Kubota guy I could get the other Orange tractor for a lot less than he was quoting me he said they were Johnny come lately tractors and if I thought they were so good I should buy one. I told him I'd heard the same thing about Kubota not too many years ago. I bought the other Orange tractor and it has done everything I ask it to do and more.

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Last summer I looked for a new tractor in the Southern Tier and found the Deere and Kubota dealers didn't want to deal at all. When I told the Kubota guy I could get the other Orange tractor for a lot less than he was quoting me he said they were Johnny come lately tractors and if I thought they were so good I should buy one. I told him I'd heard the same thing about Kubota not too many years ago. I bought the other Orange tractor and it has done everything I ask it to do and more. )</font>

Sounds like you and I may well have spoken to the same person. Wow, I still get a chuckle out of that conversation. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #7  
Try C. H. Waltz and sons. They are located in the Williamsport Pa. area.Ask for Craig, I have purchased two Kubotas from him and found my deal better than anything on the internet. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #8  
I do not know about your area. But you can get list prices for the <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> tractors at this site. Click Here
Price for B2630 is good.
The <font color="green"> JD </font> 2520 and <font color="orange"> Kubota </font>B7610 have 72" BH's. The BH75 is 90". The extra depth is great to have.

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #9  
HEY! Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that line must be on the first page in the kubota dealer handbook
CK30TLB

/ Crazy Prices Or Not ? #10  
I ended up with NH TC24. The tractor and loader prices were comparable, but the BH was $5500. This was two years ago though. Up here prices are tough. My suggestion would be to check out Kioti and NH. I think the NH's list a bit higher than the Kubota, but it's a very capable tractor.

Also, Maybe try a different brand BH. I prefer going with the tractor manufactures brand, but it's an option.