Tractor Sizing ct 225 or ct 230?

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #11  
I also have the CT230, with a front snow blower, 6 feet wide, it work good and I get 24 inch of snow here in Northern Ontario. the only draw back is you have to remove the bucket. $1000.00 difference, are you paying cash because if you are making payment what is the difference on a 5yr payment for $1000.00 more, I am only asking because when I bought mine they had a 5yr zero interest payment plan.

/ ct 225 or ct 230?
They gave me a cash price instead of the % interest deal. Sounds like the ct 230 would be the better investment in the long run.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #13  
With the HST drive, ground speed can be adjusted to compensate for 3 less hp. Is it worth $1000 to go a bit faster when tilling or blowing snow. Power shouldn't be a factor most of the time.

Loren

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #14  
I would suggest that you look seriously at the Bobcat CT 235. It gives you an extra 5 hp over the 230. You can never have too much HP!

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #15  
Get the 230 or the 235 if you can afford it.

Horse power matters when it comes to responsiveness of the hydraulics as well as the pushing/pulling capacity of the tractor.

The difference between a CT225 and a CT235 running a brush hog through the pucker brush is very noticeable. Ditto running a PTO driven wood chipper.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #16  
I have had the 230 for a little over 2 years and am very happy with it. I'm primarily a hobby farmer, but use the tractor as my primary snow mover. I have a 64" rear snow blower and have no problems even with that wet slushy stuff the town plow leaves at the end of the driveway. Good luck with your decision!

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #17  
Just got rid of a CT225 with the 27HP engine. I have to say I was very disappointed. I bought it because I got in on the early deal with the free loader and a $3000 rebate. I have hills and I can honestly say unless your ground is flat, I would not have one of these with less than the 35HP engine. I could not come up my back hillside with the front end loader on without going to low range. I could not brush cut on any of the hills except in low range and I bogged her down bad even them. My old Kioti LK3054 would go up those same hills with the brush cutter and a loader in 5th gear and I could accelerate if I wanted to. There is no comparison. With the hydro go for the HP. Also, the key on these models is in a horrible place. Good luck with the knees. Check your local dealer, the one in Nashville didn't seem to care about tractor customers.......other than that, I will be looking for a good used LK 3054

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #18  
Just got rid of a CT225 with the 27HP engine. I have to say I was very disappointed. I bought it because I got in on the early deal with the free loader and a $3000 rebate. I have hills and I can honestly say unless your ground is flat, I would not have one of these with less than the 35HP engine. I could not come up my back hillside with the front end loader on without going to low range. I could not brush cut on any of the hills except in low range and I bogged her down bad even them. My old Kioti LK3054 would go up those same hills with the brush cutter and a loader in 5th gear and I could accelerate if I wanted to. There is no comparison. With the hydro go for the HP. Also, the key on these models is in a horrible place. Good luck with the knees. Check your local dealer, the one in Nashville didn't seem to care about tractor customers.......other than that, I will be looking for a good used LK 3054

I have a CT235 and I have hills, and I can go up them in second, and sometimes even third if I have enough of a head of steam built up

:confused2:

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #19  
I have a CT235 and I have hills, and I can go up them in second, and sometimes even third if I have enough of a head of steam built up

:confused2:

That's why I said get a CT235 over the other 2. I don't see 3 HP making a difference but 8 should. I could put my loader against a tree in the field on dry hard dirt and wide open in low, barely openly the hydro pedal, I could stall the engine before I could spin a tire. Dealer brought another out to my place and he couldn't climb the hill or spin a tire either.....last I ever heard from the dealer.

So, if you really want to work get the 35 HP or get a gear tranny. That is my plan.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #20  
I have no power problems with my CT230. I have spun out and dug many holes with the tires. I've lifted stuff that amazed me. I've pulled a hydro service truck out of the ditch with wet slushy snow on the ground.