Tractor Sizing ct 225 or ct 230?

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #21  
I have no power problems with my CT230. I have spun out and dug many holes with the tires. I've lifted stuff that amazed me. I've pulled a hydro service truck out of the ditch with wet slushy snow on the ground.

I have spun out in soft ground and gravel....and maybe they turned the pressure relief valve up on some later models. A lot of us early customers were having problems with the valves popping really early. Lifting is a function of the loader and has nothing to do with the hydro tranny. I will say mine had the sloppiest bucket I have ever had. The service manager even noticed that yo could wiggle it back and forth about 2". He didn't fix it but he noticed.

All I am saying is you lose a lot of HP with a hydro, I will never have an hydro tractor of this size without having at least 35 HP in the future.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #22  
CT225 is fine if all you're doing is using the loader or MMM. (Although in my opinion too heavy for a finishing mower.)
The minute you decide you want to put any other PTO or hydraulic driven equipment on it, especially a backhoe, you're going to want a 30 or 35 hp engine in it.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #23  
If u consider a kioti, u can get the any of these in gear. I have the ck25 gear. It's a beast. I stayed away from hydro too because I didn't want to spend the money to go hydro and up the hp. The 25/27 are too heavy for HST. The 35 is the only one I'd want with HST.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #24  
If u consider a kioti, u can get the any of these in gear. I have the ck25 gear. It's a beast. I stayed away from hydro too because I didn't want to spend the money to go hydro and up the hp. The 25/27 are too heavy for HST. The 35 is the only one I'd want with HST.

the problem with Kioti (at least in my area) is that the dealers are few and far between, and they tend to come and go, or rather here today and gone tomorrow

:confused2:

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #25  
the problem with Kioti (at least in my area) is that the dealers are few and far between, and they tend to come and go, or rather here today and gone tomorrow

:confused2:

May be true in your area. But, this is addressed to the OP. Don't know how it might be in his area. I have two that are each about 30 minutes away. Didn't matter I bought from dealer 250 miles away!

Dealer proximity is over rated anyway. How many times does one need to go there? I'm less than a mile from my JD dealershp. My JD has been there one time in 18+ years. My Kioti has never been to any dealer, now in year 6. My Kioti dealer did come to me twice to do warranty work, and yes he came 250 miles to me.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #26  
May be true in your area. But, this is addressed to the OP. Don't know how it might be in his area. I have two that are each about 30 minutes away. Didn't matter I bought from dealer 250 miles away!

Dealer proximity is over rated anyway. How many times does one need to go there? I'm less than a mile from my JD dealershp. My JD has been there one time in 18+ years. My Kioti has never been to any dealer, now in year 6. My Kioti dealer did come to me twice to do warranty work, and yes he came 250 miles to me.

I think most people have a differing opinion

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #27  
I think there is a happy medium on the dealer distance.

My dealer is about 60 miles away. I do have one now in town only a couple of miles away but I only go there for filters. They are an ATV dealer that brought in Bobcat tractors after a larger AG dealer in town rejected the BC dealership offer. I don't trust them for mechanical work.

Now on that other theory...I agree that the machine probably won't go there. Mine hasn't (knock on wood). Is XXX miles too far to drive for maybe once or twice in its life?

There is a happy medium and that decision rests with the buyer.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #28  
I think most people have a differing opinion

Most still don't take their tractor to a dealer more than once or twice while owning it. That should not be ignored. But, as you say, most don't give this much weight - Dealer must be close! That absolute requirement is just silly in modern society. Maintenance parts come to your door without having to drive anywhere. Mountains of information available fast and free via the internet. Unless you are unlucky and get a lemon or simply don't do your own maintenance, your tractor never sees a dealer.

Well, for sure I'm not like most people. I generally find better values and get more done for less without sacrificing quality either in purchases or results there from. Many people won't go to the bother that I do to squeeze out value. They'd rather pay more, sacrifice on performance to stay in budget, and or pick a local dealer even if not the best. Not me, I saved thousands by not letting the "dealer must be close" barrier get in the way. The quality of the dealer certainly played into my decision. The dealer I chose has stepped up for me with the mfr. Not so sure the close-by dealers would have done that. I think that makes me pretty smart: saved money, got a tractor well suited to my needs, and got excellent service. The icing on the cake is that I have yet to have driven even one mile for any of this, not even for maintenance parts.

I certainly wasn't going to change colors simply to pick a dealer that was close. I like my JD dealer. But, I wasn't going to give $5000 more for less tractor no matter how much I like green. Similar difference for all the other dealers that were close to me. And the close dealers that sold the brand I bought were not only much higher priced, but I got the sense they were less accomodating to customer's after the purchase.

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #29  
Most still don't take their tractor to a dealer more than once or twice while owning it. That should not be ignored. But, as you say, most don't give this much weight - Dealer must be close! That absolute requirement is just silly in modern society. Maintenance parts come to your door without having to drive anywhere. Mountains of information available fast and free via the internet. Unless you are unlucky and get a lemon or simply don't do your own maintenance, your tractor never sees a dealer.

Well, for sure I'm not like most people. I generally find better values and get more done for less without sacrificing quality either in purchases or results there from. Many people won't go to the bother that I do to squeeze out value. They'd rather pay more, sacrifice on performance to stay in budget, and or pick a local dealer even if not the best. Not me, I saved thousands by not letting the "dealer must be close" barrier get in the way. The quality of the dealer certainly played into my decision. The dealer I chose has stepped up for me with the mfr. Not so sure the close-by dealers would have done that. I think that makes me pretty smart: saved money, got a tractor well suited to my needs, and got excellent service. The icing on the cake is that I have yet to have driven even one mile for any of this, not even for maintenance parts.

I certainly wasn't going to change colors simply to pick a dealer that was close. I like my JD dealer. But, I wasn't going to give $5000 more for less tractor no matter how much I like green. Similar difference for all the other dealers that were close to me. And the close dealers that sold the brand I bought were not only much higher priced, but I got the sense they were less accomodating to customer's after the purchase.

To each their own

/ ct 225 or ct 230? #30  
I was going to buy the CT335 and ended up getting a CT450. I would say get the 230 or bigger