CT235 V Kioti CK35

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #11  
From what I know, there is not much difference between the CK and DK 35's. The DK is a little larger and heavier, but there is not much difference in loader capabilities. If you step up to the DK40, then you about double the loader capabilities. My CK30 has about 355 hrs on it, never hit the filters, almost took out the HST filter putting on the backhoe... but that was my fault. With the BH on, it's frame pretty much protects the filter. How do the loader specs compare between the CT235 and the CK35? If you are going to be doing lots of lifting that might be important. Folks that have talked to the manufacturer of the loader for the CT have listed their specs lower than Kioti's.

The DK35SE HST is 552# (18%) heavier than the CK35H. The brochure says
a half foot longer length and wheelbase. Nothing about track width. Hyd
implement flow is prob somewhat higher than the CK, too, but the marketeers
at Kioti don't put that spec in their brochures. The KL351 FEL on the DK
has 22% more lift cap than the KL130. I do hear the Bobcat FELs are
weaker, but I have not seen their specs.

I protect my long filter with a hoe frame, like you do, but most owners do
not use a hoe, and don't bother making a skid plate.

Is the DK35 more tractor than the CK35? Yes, maybe 20% more, which is
significant, IMO.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
So the larger 335 will $2,267 more, a little less than 20% for 20% more tractor. But with the size of the larger bucket I will not need pallet forks to lift the boulders to rebuild my stone wall. So substract $450, making it $1,800 more for the bigger tractor. I am trying to talk myself into it. I mean who on here would go back to go back to their creator and ask for a smaller Di#% ?

They also quoted me $1,100 for an 84 inch Rhino back blade and $150 for a block heater. Sound OK?

They also charge to fill the tires and for warranty pickup. The purchase deliver is free. I do have a buddy with a truck and trailer, so worse case senario I borrow it if the tractor fails.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #13  
Thanks everyone. So what I took from dfkrug is that the DK, Massy and Kubota are better rigs than the CK35.

I would not interpret his remarks that way. For starters he did not give a detailed review he just made some comments about the hydro filter positioin. There have been a couple (?few) people who have reported knocking that filter off but it has not been anything close to a major issue with the CK range. If you are doing serious woods work it would be worth considering adding some protection but for most purposes the CKs are just fine as delivered from the factory.

As others have noted, for the prices you have been quoted on the Bobcat version, it is very hard to imagine Massey or Kubota beating the deal for a similarly featured and powered tractor. The Kioti DK line, especially starting with the DK40se, is much more tractor than the CK35/CT235 (41hp vs 34hp, 2700lbs lift capacity vs 1200lbs on the CK35, about 1000lbs more weight too), so that is not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

When I decided to move up from my CK20, I initially looked at the bigger CK tractors but decided that the sweet spot was the DK40se. No regrets.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
Now I am even more confused. I don't think I will need more lift capacity than the 235 has, and the 335 is not a huge jump in terms of just lift. So the 235 is fine there. The box blade and backhoe work I have to do is also fine for the 235. The big question is really ground clearance and woods work. My land is super rough with alot of rocks and logs and stuff. I will likely spend a bit of time putting in a few routes into the woods for firewood and will avoid the real nasty stuff. That filter just looks like it will get banged up, but it also looks easy to protect and i have access to steal and a welder.

So I think I will go with the 235 and get some forks for the bucket so I can rebuild my stone wall.

As for snow removal, what should I do? I don't want to get the mid pto and I don't want a snow blower. Will the bucket do the work, or do I need a back blade?

Thanks for all the input

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #15  
As for snow removal, what should I do? I don't want to get the mid pto and I don't want a snow blower. Will the bucket do the work, or do I need a back blade?

I am not sure why you don't want a snow blower but they are great. My rear mount 60" JRW snow blower is awesome and throws the snow like nothing I have seen. I have a good-sized driveway (3500 sq ft. +/-) which takes about 30 mins to plow or about 1.5 hours to snow blow. The difference is I use a ton less diesel in the tractor snowblowing vs plowing with the truck and there are no snowbanks to mess with. The driveway and yard look so much cleaner and getting in front of the shed and house stairs is much easier with the tractor then shoveling. :D

Moving the snow with the loader bucket is a PITA because it fills up fast and spills out the side. I heard a rear blade is good because you can angle it but you are driving over the snow first and packing it down so you can't scrap it down to the driveway easily.

We get a lot of snow up here in northern New England:

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #16  
I do quite a bit of woods work on my CK30 hst. I've got the Woods BH80 backhoe and the subframe offers a substantial amount of protection for this filter. I have not had any problems.

I looked closely at the Kubota and Bobcats when purchasing. The CK30 is quite a bit more tractor than the L2800/3400. The equivalent Bobcat was $2k more. In my case I needed a compact footprint for tight quarters landscaping so I did not really consider going bigger. The only other machine I was considering was a used Kubota L35 (same footprint as CK30), but you know used is used.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #17  
Moving the snow with the loader bucket is a PITA because it fills up fast and spills out the side. I heard a rear blade is good because you can angle it but you are driving over the snow first and packing it down so you can't scrap it down to the driveway easily.
I agree, moving snow with the FEL can be a pain. I just use the FEL for pushing back/moving the piles created with my rear blade. I have a 7' rear blade, angled it still covers more than the width of my track. For the 2 winters I have had my tractor/rear blade, I have not had any issues with moving the snow I have just driven over. I have 75' of paved driveway and 1/4 mile of gravel road I clear with it.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
Thanks guys. It's not that don't want a snowblower, I just don't want to spend that much to get one. I am going to get a 7 foot angle blade to move snow and should be able to put it to use doing other stuff. I have my financing in order and am just about to agree on a final price for the CT235, a 7 foot angle blade, block heater, and bucket forks. I think I am going to skip on loading the tires as I will usually have something back there for weight and can easily add more. plus I will have to pass over my leach field from time to time and a little less weight will lower the risk a bit. I am going to fab up something to protect that filter before I get into the woods too much. I have a little rocky stream I have to cross that is my biggest worry.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #19  
Thanks guys. It's not that don't want a snowblower, I just don't want to spend that much to get one. .... I think I am going to skip on loading the tires as I will usually have something back there for weight and can easily add more. plus I will have to pass over my leach field from time to time and a little less weight will lower the risk a bit.
Snowblowers are nice, but expensive. I figured I could hire somebody to plow my driveway and road for about 10 years for the cost of a blower, which is why I went rear blade. I can also maintain the gravel road with the rear blade.. not so much with the blower. :) I have my rear tires loaded and most of the time have my backhoe (1000+lbs) on my tractor, no issues, so far, in 2 years driving over my leach fields. Then again, they are buried about 2' down under another 1' of gravel.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
So should I load the tires? I will carrying firewood in the bucket with forks, so it could get pretty heavy up front. Plus I am lifting rocks to my wall.