CT235 V Kioti CK35

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #21  
So should I load the tires? I will carrying firewood in the bucket with forks, so it could get pretty heavy up front. Plus I am lifting rocks to my wall.

If you are in the woods it would be easier to have filled rear tires than to try to manuver with an implement on the back for ballast. With weight far forward on the forks, I would imagine you'll need some ballast especially if there are any hills to negotiate. It is not fun having a light rear.

I would personally have the dealer load the tires with rimguard if I had the choice. If not then consider loading yourself with windshield washer fluid. You might save a buck but it will take you a while to fill them yourself.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #22  
I am glad I had my tires loaded from the dealer. With the backhoe on, it is a digging machine but when I take it off the rear gets light even with just a 1,000lb lift capacity. Even with the boxblade on (300-400lbs) I spin the tires digging into a gravel pile instead of filling the bucket like I do with the backhoe on. Weight = Traction, Traction = Work

Unless you are primary mowing new ground, weight is good.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
I told the dealer to put my name on the 235 and to load the tires. I also got a set of bucket forks. I am going out of town tomorrow, so they will deliver sometime next week.

I was talking to a Kioti dealer closer to me and they were trying to see if they could match the price and finally said "we can't touch that" They also said they can't wait until Bobcat blows through their inventory so they can start selling tractors again. They said that Bobcat is getting rid of their inventory and then they are going to drop the line. The Bobcat dealer wouldn't confirm that, but said that they carry Bobcat skidsteers and that the warranty would be honored no matter what, and after that there would be no problem with parts since Kioti isn't going anywhere. It would actually be kinda cool if Bobcat dropped the CUT's then we would all have a one of kind. Like a special edition Kioti.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #24  
You know it makes you wonder if the Kioti dealer is just saying that or not. One thing is I have no idea how they are making any money on their tractors at current prices but if they are then that just exposes the other companies on how much money they are making on their units.???

Makes you think but I still am going to buy me a 335 next week.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #25  
I don't know what is going on with Bobcat these days but I find it hard to believe they can make any money on their tractors given the current pricing promotion. Free loader is worth about $3000 and up to $3500 additional discount means they are selling the tractor/loaders for about a third off the retail list price. On the other hand, it seems odd to think that they would be closing out a tractor line they started only about a year ago and was linked to a major strategic alliance/purchase with Daedong. Maybe they just want to sell a bunch to get some buzz going and draw some business away from Kubota and JD.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #26  
The only strategic alliance is that Bobcat, through their parent Doosan in Korea, contracted with Kioti's parent company, Daedong, also in Korea, for a large number of tractors. This was anounced about the same time Doosan bought Bobcat. Because Bobcat was on the hook for a large order of tractors, and tractor sales dropped about 30% from last year, Bobcat has a lot more tractors than they need. Doosan is a huge conglomerate, so I guess they can afford to dump the inventory and move on. The sad thing about this is a lot of KIOTI dealers could be put out of business, or forced to change lines because of this. I am told the Bobcat tractors have nothing to do with KIOTI USA, thier parts and service come from Bobcat, via KOREA, not Wendel NC. Some KIOTI dealers may choose to support the Bobcat orphans, (assuming that is what is going to happen IMHO) some may not. It is sort of like gray market equipment in the construction industry. NO doubt the tractors are a great buy, but they are being sold below cost and that will not continue, even huge conglomerates don't like to loose money. Bobcat just got into the business at the wrong time. Daedong got greedy and wanted another distribution channel in the US, it doesn't seem to be working, and now that greed could severely damage the distribution channel that they already had. Just another day in world corporate affairs.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #27  
NO doubt the tractors are a great buy, but they are being sold below cost and that will not continue....

That is the point I was trying to make when I saw those prices. Either
the dealer is soon to be out of biz, or at least the CUT biz.

Good point about how that hurts the limited Kioti dealer network. The
limited network is one area where JD, Kubota, or even NH fans can
rightly say their tractor choice is better. In other quality measures, Kioti
holds up great vs. the any competition. Thx for the dealer perspective.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
The 235 will be delivered friday:) The dealer I am getting it from is a Kioti dealer and they sell Bobcat skid steers and escavators. This dealer told me that they are trying to get their name out there and that Bobcat is staying in the business.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #29  
Congrats and Welcome to the Pack!

We will be looking for photos Friday afternoon. ;)

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #30  
The only strategic alliance is that Bobcat, through their parent Doosan in Korea, contracted with Kioti's parent company, Daedong, also in Korea, for a large number of tractors. This was anounced about the same time Doosan bought Bobcat. Because Bobcat was on the hook for a large order of tractors, and tractor sales dropped about 30% from last year, Bobcat has a lot more tractors than they need. Doosan is a huge conglomerate, so I guess they can afford to dump the inventory and move on. .

In looking at the Bobcat webpage, it does not appear the the compact tractors are singled out for these discounts. They have almost identical deals for financing and rebates for virtually all their skid steers, tracks, toolcats etc. Doesn't look to me like there is any evidence they are just getting rid of the tractor line but rather that business is down generally at Bobcat and they are just using big incentives in trying to move all their inventory.

I do hope that the established Kioti dealers weather this storm. I'm sure it is not comfortable on top of the general downturn in CUT business over the past year. If it drives a few more of the "side show" dealers with limited inventory and even more limited support and commitment out of the market that will in the long run not be such a bad thing.