Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems...

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems...
Thanks for the wiring diagram, I'll check this relay out more. :D

I have a Cub Cadet LT 1042 that is about 5 years old, I replaced the mower Deck drive belts about two weeks prior and over the weekend the PTO Electric clutch starting locking up when the switch is pulled to start the mower deck.It locks up and kills the engine. I've checked the blades and belting system and see no obstructions to keep it from operating. I posted on the Lawn tractor forum and got a few replies saying that there should be some adjusting screws to adjust the clutch. I've pulled this clutch and see no adjusting screws. the clutch is held together with brads and has no screws at all. so I'm assuming that when we order this part it should come with the pulley attached to the clutch. Is there something I've missed on this adjustment? Or do I just need to replace this clutch altogether and be done with it? Any Ideas on the best pricing?
Thanks in advance for your input...
(PTO Bearings are good I see no problems with them at all)

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #13  
Jay, one major piece of troubleshooting... maybe you did It and I can't find it in this thread; 1) Remove the PTO belt or just release the tension on it. 2) Start the tractor and engage the PTO. Does the engine stall out that way?? I see no other way the PTO itself, with no belt on it could stall the engine.

Joel

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #14  
He might just have one of those blade thingys to stop the blades from running after shut down. Could be jammed or something. Did he say the blades were free turning? Did he ever say he was looking at the clutch when someone engaged the blade, If the belt jerked real hard, and the engine stalled, then the problem is in the deck.

Jay, one major piece of troubleshooting... maybe you did It and I can't find it in this thread; 1) Remove the PTO belt or just release the tension on it. 2) Start the tractor and engage the PTO. Does the engine stall out that way?? I see no other way the PTO itself, with no belt on it could stall the engine.

Joel
(Tried that as well today and the tractor kept running and the blades are free turning as well.)

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #16  
With the engine off, if you turn your blades, does the clutch pulley turn easily? If it does, then you are not telling us everything. Several of my Dixie Choppers had this arrangement, and so did my Toro's. Is the electric clutch mounted on the engine?

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #17  
Well that pretty much eliminates the pto as the problem. The clutch on this model has a brake built in and you shouldn't be able to turn the PTO pulley by hand. I guess you have your owners manual but if you don't you can go to here and enter your full model and serial number and download it just to make sure the belt routing is correct.
PDF Manual Web Archive

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #18  
   / Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #19  
Sounds pretty familiar to me, could be the coil. Mine would run fine until I engaged the pto, then it would boog down and a few times stall. Tried everything, it turned out to be the coil.

/ Cub Cadet LT1042 Electric Clutch problems... #20  
With the engine running, put a volt meter on the battery, and engage the clutch, and see how much it drags the battery down.